Photoshop metadata

• Thread starter Simetra7
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I am asking this question on behalf of my brother who has just purchased a digital SLR camera. He would like to know if it is possible to add settings in photoshop metadata that his camera doesn't with his older lenses.

Answers and Replies

Simetra7 said:
I am asking this question on behalf of my brother who has just purchased a digital SLR camera. He would like to know if it is possible to add settings in photoshop metadata that his camera doesn't with his older lenses.
like what?

Any. Can the metadata be added to or changed in any way. When he uses his older lenses on the camera the information from them is not recorded in the metadata and he wants to add it manually.

Simetra7 said:
Any. Can the metadata be added to or changed in any way. When he uses his older lenses on the camera the information from them is not recorded in the metadata and he wants to add it manually.
I am not sure about PS, but I think that there are apps that allow you to add data to the EXIF Data.

ComputerGeek said:
I am not sure about PS, but I think that there are apps that allow you to add data to the EXIF Data.
Any suggestions on where to find info on these?

Simetra7 said:
Any suggestions on where to find info on these?
google exif data editors

Cool, thanks. Got just what he was after.