PHP Coding Help for CubeCart 3.0.17

• Thread starter oneoftheones
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Coding Php
In summary, the best way to start learning PHP is by reading tutorials and guides online. Some recommended sources include W3Schools, Codecademy, and Lynda. To achieve your desired project, you will need to learn about setting up databases, creating registration forms, and using conditional statements to display different prices based on customer login status. Best of luck!
oneoftheones
I would like to learn some PHP and I would like some advice on where to start, what I would like to do is the following:

Customers to visit the store and only be able to view Regular Prices of the Products.
I would like to hide the Special/Sale Prices for certain Products (and be able to choose which Products in the Admin back Office), in place of the Hidden Special/Sale Prices I would like some text to be displayed asking the Customer to Register or Sign in.

Thank You for any Help you can give me

Technology news on Phys.org
. The best way to start learning PHP is to begin by reading some tutorials and guides online, such as those provided by W3Schools (https://www.w3schools.com/php/). It would also be helpful to search for specific tutorials on topics you would like to learn about. Additionally, you can find many resources to help you get started on websites such as Codecademy (https://www.codecademy.com/learn/learn-php) or Lynda (https://www.lynda.com/PHP-tutorials/PHP-Essential-Training/419145-2.html). Once you feel comfortable with the basics of the language, you can look into frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony, which are both popular tools for web development. As for your project, you will need to first set up a database to store customer information, such as usernames and passwords. You'll then need to set up a form for customers to register/sign in with their credentials. Once they have logged in, you can use an if statement to check whether or not the customer is logged in, and if so, display the special/sale prices for the products. If not, you can display the regular prices in the same area and a message asking the customer to register/sign in. Good luck with your project!

Hi there,

It's great that you're interested in learning PHP and incorporating it into your CubeCart 3.0.17 store. PHP is a widely-used scripting language that is especially useful for web development, so it's a great skill to have as a scientist.

To start, I would recommend familiarizing yourself with the basics of PHP, such as syntax, variables, and functions. There are many resources available online, such as tutorials, courses, and forums, that can help you with this. Once you have a good understanding of the basics, you can start incorporating PHP into your CubeCart store.

For your specific request, it sounds like you want to create a feature that only displays regular prices for certain products, and prompts customers to register or sign in to view the special/sale prices. This can be achieved by using conditional statements in your PHP code. You can use the "if" statement to check if a product is set as a special/sale price, and if it is, display a message prompting the customer to register or sign in.

In terms of choosing which products to hide the special/sale prices for, you can create a custom field in the Admin back office that allows you to select which products you want to hide the prices for. You can then use this information in your PHP code to determine which products to display the regular prices for.

I hope this helps you get started with incorporating PHP into your CubeCart store. Good luck with your coding journey!

1. What is PHP coding and how is it used in CubeCart 3.0.17?

PHP coding is a programming language used for creating dynamic web pages. In CubeCart 3.0.17, PHP coding is used to develop the core functionality and features of the e-commerce platform.

2. How can I get help with PHP coding for CubeCart 3.0.17?

You can find help with PHP coding for CubeCart 3.0.17 by consulting the official documentation and forums provided by the CubeCart team. Additionally, there are many online resources and communities where you can ask for assistance from experienced PHP developers.

3. Are there any specific coding standards or practices I should follow when working with PHP in CubeCart 3.0.17?

Yes, the CubeCart team follows the PSR-2 coding standard for PHP. It is recommended to follow these standards when writing your own code for CubeCart 3.0.17 to ensure consistency and compatibility with future updates.

4. Can I customize the PHP code in CubeCart 3.0.17 to fit my specific needs?

Yes, CubeCart 3.0.17 is open-source software, which means you have access to the source code and can make modifications to fit your requirements. However, it is recommended to make changes through the use of custom modules and templates rather than directly modifying the core code.

5. What are some common errors or issues I may encounter when coding in PHP for CubeCart 3.0.17?

Some common errors or issues when coding in PHP for CubeCart 3.0.17 include syntax errors, compatibility issues with different versions of PHP, and conflicts with other customizations or plugins. It is important to thoroughly test your code and stay updated with the latest releases and development guidelines to avoid these problems.