1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PHP/MySQL guestlist help

1. Feb 27, 2007 #1
    I hope this fits in here,
    Ok, im creating a guest list for a party and because im not too proficient in php and im lazy i decided id try and find a premade script and i found this one:

http://homework.nwsnet.de/products/11

Firstly i uploaded all the files and CHMOD'd all the files to 777 (i know they probably dont need it but at least that wont be my problem)

I also edited the mod.guests.php and changed the:

mysql info to

var $db_host = "localhost";
    var $db_user = "colourof_grad";
    var $db_pass = "mypassword";
    var $db_name = "colourof_grad";
    var $db_tbl = "guests";

At my website I created a new mysql database (grad, which is called colourof_grad). I created a new username and password (grad, which is also called colourof_grad). Then i added the username to the database. In phpmyadmin i imported the .sql file, which created a table called guests.

When i then navigate to the mod.guests.php file i get an "Internal Server Error"

The error_log says "PHP Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/colourof/public_html/grad/mod.guests.php on line 66"

Any ideas what i could be doing wrong. or any ideas where i could find a simple guest list script. I just need something with imput fields of "your name" and "guests name". They should then be organised so the people you add are listed under you name.

Thanx a lot for the help :D

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted