1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PHP trouble

1. Jul 15, 2003 #1
    I figured Greg could atleast help me out in this field.

I am having major problems getting php to be recognized by dreamweaver. I have downloaded the php installer from php.net along with apache and MySQL. They seem to be configured right to me. All came with installers. MySQL and Apache are running as I speak. So I am assuming it's with PHP itself. I downloaded the most recent version's installer and let it set itself up with Apache. Then when I could not get any code going I reinstalled it with the server that Windows ME comes with (It had it listed in the installers menu, although I did not know it existed.). Still no luck. Dreamweaver only shows the little gold php icon saying that something is wrong. So I did it in wordpad. Nothing. Any suggestions are appreciated.

By the way PF 3.0 looks great. A lot different then 2.0 did.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 16, 2003 #2
    If I understand correctly you will only ever get the little gold tags showing in dreamweaver that shows it is recognizing (but not interpreting) php this is normal for design mode. Maybe a quick tutorial would help? http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/getting-started.php

Last edited: Jul 16, 2003
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?