Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PHP trouble

1. Jul 15, 2003 #1
    I figured Greg could atleast help me out in this field.

I am having major problems getting php to be recognized by dreamweaver. I have downloaded the php installer from php.net along with apache and MySQL. They seem to be configured right to me. All came with installers. MySQL and Apache are running as I speak. So I am assuming it's with PHP itself. I downloaded the most recent version's installer and let it set itself up with Apache. Then when I could not get any code going I reinstalled it with the server that Windows ME comes with (It had it listed in the installers menu, although I did not know it existed.). Still no luck. Dreamweaver only shows the little gold php icon saying that something is wrong. So I did it in wordpad. Nothing. Any suggestions are appreciated.

By the way PF 3.0 looks great. A lot different then 2.0 did.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 16, 2003 #2
    If I understand correctly you will only ever get the little gold tags showing in dreamweaver that shows it is recognizing (but not interpreting) php this is normal for design mode. Maybe a quick tutorial would help? http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/getting-started.php

Last edited: Jul 16, 2003
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?