1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Phy/Math double masters?

1. Feb 7, 2012 #1
    Hi everyone. I'm new here, so please forgive me for asking about stuff that everyone may be already too familiar about...
    I'm a college freshmen and I can get my math and phy B.S. by the end of sophomore year, with probably an extra summer quarter maybe? In any case, I want to go to phy grad school, so I want to get some research and solid foundation instead of graduating too early. My school offers a B.S/M.S program in math and phy independently, and I was wondering whether I can take both of them to graduate in 3-4 years instead.
    On the other hand, I'm concerned whether getting a B.S/M.S will be considered a terminal degree thing and make me less competitive for getting into a good grad school.
    Any advice is appreciated. Thanks a lot.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted