Newton's Laws: Impact, Orbit & Weight

In summary, the conversation discusses the concepts of force, Newton's Three Laws of Motion, centripetal force, and weight on Earth. The first question asks about the greater force during impact between a train and a bumble bee, with the hint being to consider Newton's Laws. The second question asks about the centripetal force that keeps the Earth in orbit around the sun. The final question asks for the weight of a 76.0 kg person on Earth in Newtons, with the given answer being -744.8 but more assistance is needed.
stephaine
1. Which will have the greater force during impact; a bumble bee being hit by a train or a train being hit by a bumble bee? (Hint: Newton’s Three Laws of Motion)

1. What is the centripetal force that holds the Earth in orbit around the sun?

1. How much does a 76.0 kg person weigh on Earth in Newtons?

Physics news on Phys.org
There are rules for getting help on homework. Since this looks like homework, you should follow those rules or clarify that these questions are unrelated to homework and only intended to satisfy your interest.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
excuse me I have the answers that I think are correct just need a liitle more assistance

for the first question I assume they are equal
the second question I got gravity
the last one I got -744.8

Please show your work and we can help you

Q: What are Newton's Three Laws of Motion?

Newton's Three Laws of Motion are fundamental principles that describe the behavior of objects in motion. They are: 1) the Law of Inertia, 2) the Law of Acceleration, and 3) the Law of Action and Reaction.

Q: How do Newton's Laws impact everyday life?

Newton's Laws impact everyday life in a variety of ways. For example, the Law of Inertia explains why objects stay at rest or in motion until acted upon by an external force, such as a person pushing a shopping cart. The Law of Acceleration explains how objects accelerate in response to a force, such as a car speeding up when the gas pedal is pressed. And the Law of Action and Reaction explains how for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, such as the recoil of a gun when fired.

Q: What is the connection between Newton's Laws and orbits?

Newton's Laws play a crucial role in understanding the motion of objects in orbit. The Law of Inertia explains why planets and other celestial bodies continue to move in a straight line unless acted upon by a gravitational force. The Law of Acceleration explains how the force of gravity causes objects to accelerate toward a larger body, such as the Earth. And the Law of Action and Reaction explains the balance of forces that keeps objects in stable orbits around each other.

Q: How does Newton's Laws affect weight?

Newton's Laws do not directly affect weight, as weight is a measure of the force of gravity on an object. However, the Law of Inertia and the Law of Acceleration play a role in determining an object's weight. For example, an object with more mass will have a greater resistance to changes in motion, leading to a higher weight. And the force of gravity, as described by the Law of Acceleration, can also affect weight depending on the gravitational pull of a larger body, such as the Earth.

Q: Can you explain how Newton's Laws apply to collisions?

Newton's Laws also apply to collisions between objects. The Law of Inertia explains why objects will continue moving in a straight line unless acted upon by an external force, which is often seen in collisions when objects continue to move after impact. The Law of Acceleration explains how the force of the collision will cause objects to accelerate in different directions. And the Law of Action and Reaction explains the equal and opposite forces involved in a collision, such as a car hitting a wall and the wall exerting an equal force back on the car.