1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying Physical Chemistry ACS Exam

1. Dec 2, 2017 #1
    I am taking the second semester of physical chemsitry (quantum, spectroscopy, and some stat mech). I was wondering if there are any resources outside of the ACS study guide and open course ware. I'd really like some practice tests if possible so I can see what I need to study.

Also, any lecture videos would be great too.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 3, 2017 #2

TeethWhitener

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Old GRE’s maybe? Honestly the best thing you can do is probably go through a Pchem book and make sure you can do the problems from the relevant sections you’re studying.

4. Dec 3, 2017 #3
    I'd ask your prof. We mentor several students in ACS approved chemistry programs, and when there is an ACS exam involved, their profs usually provide ample study materials.

5. Dec 3, 2017 #4
    Not mine, he's a bare minimum, high steaks testing type of professor. He also helped write the test and the study guide for pchem but doesn't give us much to go on and I suspect that's an ethics decision.

Also, does anyone know if equations will be given to us for things like black body radiation, photoelectric effect, etc.?

6. Dec 3, 2017 #5

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

What did you professor say when you asked him that?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted