Find Physical Dimension of Constant C2

In summary, the constant C2 needs to have a dimension of radians or degrees in order for the equation to be valid. This is because the argument of a trigonometric function is a dimensionless value, and angles are also considered dimensionless. Therefore, in order to find the exact value of C2, it is important to understand and consider the dimension of the constant.
AmrAmin
hi, I have to find the dimension of the constant C2. I have no problem with finding constant C1. Here is the question, and I appreciate your help.

the equation is :

m= [tex]\sqrt{\frac{2t}{C1}}+m cos(\frac{1}{C2}t)[/tex]

I would like please to understand the solution with knowing the exact answer.

Physics news on Phys.org
AmrAmin said:
m= [tex]\sqrt{\frac{2t}{C1}}+m cos(\frac{1}{C2}t)[/tex]

The argument of a trigonometric function, such as (t/C2) here, is expressed in radians (or degrees), which is considered to be a dimensionless value. Recall that angle is defined on a circle as the arclength along the circle (s) divided by the radius of the circle (R); thus (theta) = s/R , making the radian a dimensionless unit.

Hint: Angles are considered dimensionless.

Thank you guys for making this is clear to me.

1. What is the constant C2?

C2 is a mathematical constant that is used in various equations and formulas to represent a fixed value.

2. How is the physical dimension of C2 determined?

The physical dimension of C2 is determined by analyzing the units of measurement used in the equation or formula where it is being used.

3. Can C2 have different physical dimensions?

Yes, depending on the context and the equation where it is being used, C2 can have different physical dimensions.

4. What are some common physical dimensions of C2?

Some common physical dimensions of C2 include energy, velocity, force, and acceleration.

5. Why is it important to find the physical dimension of C2?

Finding the physical dimension of C2 is important in order to ensure that equations and formulas are mathematically and physically consistent. It also helps in understanding the relationship between different variables and their units of measurement.