Looking for a better book on p-n junctions and diodes?

In summary, Physical Electronics Book is a comprehensive guide to the fundamentals and applications of electronic devices and circuits. It is written by Professor Stephen A. Campbell, a renowned physicist and professor at the University of Minnesota. This book stands out for its clear and concise explanations, practical approach, and real-world examples and problems. It is suitable for beginners and can be used for self-study, with its accessible writing style and self-assessment exercises. It is also commonly used as a textbook in university courses on electronics.
Swapnil
Hi, I am studing about p-n juntions and diodes in my Physical Electronics class. And, unfortunately, the book that I am using is not the greatest book in the world. Do any of you guys have any good books in mind that would be helpful?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Sze, Physics of Semiconductor Devices, was the standard for a generation of solid state device guys. It's quite good, in my opinion.

Last edited:

1. What is Physical Electronics Book?

Physical Electronics Book is a comprehensive guide to the fundamental principles and applications of electronic devices and circuits. It covers topics such as semiconductor physics, diodes, transistors, and amplifiers, among others.

2. Who is the author of Physical Electronics Book?

The author of Physical Electronics Book is Professor Stephen A. Campbell, a renowned physicist and professor at the University of Minnesota.

3. What makes Physical Electronics Book different from other electronics textbooks?

Physical Electronics Book stands out for its clear and concise explanations of complex concepts, as well as its practical approach to understanding electronic devices and circuits. It also includes numerous real-world examples and problems to reinforce learning.

4. Is Physical Electronics Book suitable for beginners?

Yes, Physical Electronics Book is suitable for beginners as it starts with the basics of semiconductor physics and gradually progresses to more advanced topics. It is designed to be accessible to students with little to no prior knowledge of electronics.

5. Can I use Physical Electronics Book for self-study?

Yes, Physical Electronics Book is an excellent resource for self-study. It is written in a clear and engaging style, and includes plenty of examples and exercises for self-assessment. It is also frequently used as a textbook in university courses on electronics.