1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics 11

1. Jul 26, 2007 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Well I figured out the first problem I had posted so here's a new one :)

If two objects of different masses are sliding along a frictionless surface at the same speed and they both slide of the same frictionless surface. which rises to a greater height?

I want to say they both go to the same height. or does the lighter of the two go further because it has less force acting upon it while going up the hill?

thank you

- Otis

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 26, 2007 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Sorry, your question doesn't make sense to me. If they are sliding on a surface, how do they rise? Is there a tilt in the surface?

And what equations would you use to figure this out? There are several ways to approach it -- please show us some of your work using one of the approaches....

4. Jul 26, 2007 #3
    What FilthyOtis (feels weird saying that) was trying to say was:

I had to read it over about 4 times before figuring out it was a typo.

But yeah like berkeman said, post the work you've done so far so we could help you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?