1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics AP vs. PLTW Engineering

1. Feb 3, 2010 #1
    Hi, I'm a junior in high school (aerospace engineering major), and we're set to register for next year in a few days. Due to schedule constraints (high school graduation requirements... just PE and Economics) I'm stuck between Physics AP and Cal Poly's PLTW Engineering Principles course. I've taken the 1st engineering design course, and apparently, if I complete the next course I'm guaranteed into Cal Poly Pomona (though I'd likely have no trouble at all getting into it anyways due to my SAT score). Which class would you think is best for my transcript?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 3, 2010 #2
    I'm sure this choice would have a tiny if any effect on your future.

4. Feb 3, 2010 #3
    If it's physics B, don't bother taking it 'cause you'll still have to take calculus based physics. I'm with Heresy that it probably won't matter either way, and if you plan to go to Cal Poly Pamona you've got another class out of the way.

5. Feb 3, 2010 #4
    I don't know what Physics class it is, but it's a step above our regular Physics class, and requires no more than algebra 2.

6. Feb 4, 2010 #5
    No more than algebra 2 is Physics B. If you like physics take it. It's still interesting.

7. Feb 4, 2010 #6
    Well I'm probably going to take the engineering course instead. Solving physics problems is fun, but our teacher can be less than productive sometimes, and I love engineering 10 times more :biggrin:

8. May 20, 2010 #7
    HI eveyone I would like some informations a bout aerospace engineering and, aviation engineering. As i will hopfully star university in sep , so which on of those courses more intersting. Thanx.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook