1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics as a second degree!

1. Mar 20, 2014 #1
    I have a degree in accounting with a low GPA of 2.5, but now i am getting a Physics degree and have 2 semesters left and my GPA in my physics classes is 4.0. I have gotten all A's.
    However, after talking to my my adviser and we figured out that even if I keep getting straight A's my GPA wont even reach a 3.0. I got two F's first time around.
    So, my question is how likely is it that I would get accepted in a good ph.d program with an extremly low over all GPA but a good Physics and math GPA.
    I love physics, the only reason i feel like i got bad grades in my first degree around is because i had no choice but to take accounting first time around for multitude of reasons but now I've realized I want to do physics.
    Anyway, any help or guidance or view points would be helpful.

thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 20, 2014 #2

jbunniii

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Is retaking the courses you failed an option?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook