1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics before Med/BioMed/BioEngineering?

1. Mar 3, 2005 #1
    Now that I have a BS Applied Physics I'm having a tough time deciding what I want to do. I'm still young(22), I have 2 years of programming experience in electronics, and 2 years of materials modelling and simulation at a national lab. But I really dont want to do programming OR materials science.

Is physics a degree that would be beneficial if I decided to go to medical school? I'm sure I could handle it in terms of intelligence. But I don't know if thats what I want to do either. Whatever I decide it must be for the betterment of human life, and it must be a very challenging field that many people cannot do. That way I'm using myself to the full potential.

So I guess the main question behind this rant is:
    Is physics a good preliminary degree for entrance to medical school? How about Bio-Medical research/engineering?
    What are the top schools in the country for BioMedical Engineering (along the fields of artifical limb research(plastics), nano-capsule delivery systems, electromagnetic field application, radiation application)?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted