1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics book

1. Jul 15, 2008 #1
    I am trying get started in physics and i want to get a physics book with $only basic calculus$.
    do anyone suggest anything?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 16, 2008 #2
    I suggest "I.E.Irodov Problems in General Physics". Some of the problems do require calculus (Especially electrostatics n gravitation) but the book is really helpful for Newtons laws and kinematics. If you are looking for a theory book you might as well try "Halliday Resnick Fundamentals of Physics". Other good books are Feynmann's lectures.
  4. Jul 16, 2008 #3
    thx The message you have entered is too short
  5. Jul 17, 2008 #4
    Halliday Resnick is a nice choice but calculus is used in a non-extensive form. Besides you migth want to check the Schaum series books.
  6. Jul 17, 2008 #5

Andy Resnick

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Jearl Walker's "Flying Circus of Physics" is a very fun book to work through, and requires very little calculus.
  7. Aug 20, 2008 #6
    Feynman's lectures on Physics. He develops 'only basic calculus' in his lecture on motion:

I 8-3 Speed as a derivative
    I 8-4 Distance as an integral
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?