1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics BSc into Engineering

1. Jun 24, 2009 #1
    Hello!

I am 21 and I am currently a senior undergrad writing my thesis statement in Physics. I have pondered for quite some time what I want to do after I graduate and I have finally decided to go into Civil Engineering/Water Resource Engineering. Since its nearly impossible to do a Master's in Engineering after Physics BSc I have decided to apply fresh from the start as an undergrad.

So here my question pops up: If and when I get my diploma in Civil/Water Resource engineering and I start looking for work in these fields, would my BSc diploma in Physics help even a bit? If this is the case, which of those two Engineering fields deal more with Physics? My bet would be Water Resource engineering.

I've heard that Water Resource Engineers get to travel a lot in many developing countries and work on dams, channels, etc, but then I believe that the job market is not as big as it is with Civil (Structural) Engineering. I still haven't decided which of those majors i want to pursue and I have about a month time to decide. I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted