1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics classes too boring

1. Oct 22, 2014 #1
    why are the physics classes so boring?
    I am taking some upper devision EM,QM classes. they just keep repeating everything I have learned in the previous few years.
    can't they jump straight to the fun part like in Landau?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 23, 2014 #2

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Welcome to PF;
    There is no way to tell why you find your classes boring - you indicate that they are repetitive, but I am sure you find other repetitive activities interesting. It is likely that the coursework is designed for students other than you, who may have a shakier grasp of the foundations.
    You should be finding tests and assignments easy - which is a bonus.
    If you have just started out - you'll probably find they get into the fun stuff once they are sure everyone is on the same page.

4. Oct 23, 2014 #3
    My prof told me that Landau's every books is good, except quantum mechanics - it is nothing really outstanding from other text. (Personally I have only read Landau's mechanics.)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook