Physics clothes

• Thread starter mezzoforte
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Does anyone own any nerdy physics (or any science) shirts? My physics teacher has a shirt that says "Let the F=ma be with you" Lol. It's a little cheesy I guess, but I love it. xD I ordered one that has the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle on it. I can't wait 'till it gets here!

Answers and Replies

I also have the Heisenberg shirt. Got it along with one that has an equation that graphs out, and is surrounded with, a heart-shaped curve.

jhae2.718
Gold Member
Let's see, I have:
-Schrodinger's cat shirt,
-Escape velocity shirt,
-LHC shirt
-Maxwell's equations shirt
-Rocket scientist shirt
-Linux cheat shirt
-The "I, for one, welcome our computer overlords" shirt.
-A bunch of nerdy aerospace engineering shirts from the local AIAA section

I'm trying to get the Stand Back, I'm Going to Try Science! shirt.

Not exactly science, but my friend has a shirt that says "A rhombus is the kind of square a b!tch draws." Always a hit. It has the spelling without an exclamation mark.

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
My only geek shirt is the classic xkcd shirt: http://xkcd.com/54/" [Broken] My students got it for me last year. Too bad I can't wear it to school.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alfi
Z=z^2+i

blue jeans and a T-shirt = work clothes

I have a Fermilab shirt I picked up from Ferbilab several years ago and a vintage--not faux vintage, but legitimately vintage--NASA space shuttle shirt. I guess I should buy more...

I've got a Math Counts mug. Does that count?

I'd have worn a t-shirt that says "May the m*a be with you."

Interestingly, as all my t-shirts are black, without logos of any kind, I suppose they're black hole t-shirts.

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

Interestingly, as all my t-shirts are black, without logos of any kind, I suppose they're black hole t-shirts.
They're functionnal "black body" radiation shirts!

i have one which says, time is relative and shows a student waking up and thinking its 8 am , where as its 1 am for the professor

FtlIsAwesome
Gold Member
Shirt:
The Internet is broken so I'm outside today.

Dembadon
Gold Member
Here's something I say pretty often:

[URL]http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/155/0/AAAAAoRAXV8AAAAAAVUOqQ.jpg?v=1222620241000[/URL]

The amount of requests from friends and family have gone through-the-roof over the past two years. I've also woven, "Sorry, I'm a physics nerd, not a computer science nerd" into the mix. I usually don't like such indirect responses, but it's the best I could come up with when my better-half suggested I show a smidg' of compassion when dealing with sensitive friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets see, I have:

-Pluto Responds
-You are here (galaxy picture)
-Obey gravity, it's the law
-My normal approach is useless here (from xkcd)
-Factorial!
-Pi by numbers
-Stand back, I'm going to try science

And I know I've had plenty of others over the years I'm struggling to remember.

I have one that says, "I survived physics!" with all kinds of equations floating around a man screaming. Lol. And I have one that is a "pirate" shirt :)

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I have one that says, "I survived physics!" with all kinds of equations floating around a man screaming. Lol. And I have one that is a "pirate" shirt :)
That reminds me...my physical chemistry prof handed out, along with the final, bumper stickers that said "Honk If You Passed P-Chem"! Those were great!

They're functionnal "black body" radiation shirts!
That fits the facts better than my black hole theory. I have not, after all, swallowed the Earth.

MATLABdude
Science Advisor
I have a T-Shirt that has the caption "Stand Back, I'm a Professional!" along with a guy about to stick a fork into an outlet (I'm an EE, so I got a kick out of this):
http://www.snorgtees.com/stand-back-i-m-a-professional

Greg would probably make a decent finder's fee by linking to Snorg Tees or ThinkGeek (though he'd have to indicate that people should order one size larger than they normally do in the case of Snorg, lest an angry mob form!)