1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics comprehension?

1. Jun 6, 2010 #1
    Well, I hope this topic goes here.

When will I start to learn a lot of real physics? My high school class wasn't too advanced. We have no AP physics. (But I read the book :biggrin:) I always try to read stuff here on physics, but it never seems to click in my head. It's like I'm missing large chunks of physics...

I love physics. I'm taking it in college. (going into engineering, so duh) But when did it start to make sense to a majority of you? The higher stuff- not kinematics and electrodynamic and thermodynamics.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 6, 2010 #2
  4. Jun 6, 2010 #3
  5. Jun 7, 2010 #4
    I suppose it can be used as a supplement. I never actually took any formal physics courses, so I can't fully answer your question.

6. Jun 7, 2010 #5
    It started making sense to me when I started really understanding Math. Once you get used to reading poorly worded Math questions from books like Stewart you will understand Physics problems better.

7. Jun 7, 2010 #6
    So, like, Calc 2.

8. Jun 7, 2010 #7

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

When you said you read the book, did you just read it or did you do the problems?

That's what makes it click for me, solving problems.

9. Jun 7, 2010 #8
    A bit of both, but mainly reading.
    Good point. :tongue:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook