Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Physics conversion

  1. Mar 5, 2005 #1
    I wanted to know how to covert mm/s to m/s. This units are associated with the drift velocity of electrons.
    Thanks :confused:
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 5, 2005 #2


    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

    ...divide by 1000. There are 1000 millimeters in a meter ("m" stands for "milli"). In general, you can do unit conversions on google or http://qonos.princeton.edu/nbond/unicalc/calculator.php [Broken].
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2017
  4. Mar 5, 2005 #3
    Do a "factor label method"

    [tex]\frac{mm}{s}*\frac{1 meter}{1000 mm}[/tex]

    Then cross out the mm's.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook