1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics coursework inspire me ;)

1. Feb 5, 2005 #1
    gotta think of some ideas for my physics coursework (alvel y13)...
    well basically the whole project has to have some sort of a rationale, or a real life use.

i want to do something related to mechanics etc, these are my ideas so far:
    • Collisions of a trolley on a ramp, using a force meter. (impulse can be calculated by integrating)
    • Two dimensional collisions, of two balls
    • Toppling

any suggested pracs that worked for ya? or some other good mechanics ones to do?

thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 6, 2005 #2
    bump ............

4. Feb 6, 2005 #3
    What are you trying to do KingAS for your project? Are you going to investigate on an experiment or are you trying to devise something(a particular device)?

5. Feb 7, 2005 #4
    i am investigating on collisions between trolleys on a ramp, any real life situations that you can think off? or perhaps some physics principles that could be applied to this experiment.

6. Feb 7, 2005 #5
    How about airbags? Certainly a real life situation consisting of 2 objects coliding with each other, not sure if it is what you are looking for though.

-JB

7. Feb 7, 2005 #6

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How about crumple zones? Easy to model in the lab, and easy to apply to real life situations.

8. Feb 7, 2005 #7
    try something to d with the coefficient of restitution
    u can use two objects, collide them together and measure the collision's elasticity. hope that was helpful. try researching the topic on the net.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?