1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics day to day

1. May 24, 2009 #1
    Hello, I am new to this forum and have generally used it as a wonderful system for guidance on homework problems or physics issues in general. The "So you want to be a physicist" article is extremely insightful, and there is a plethora of information on the career aspects of working as a physicist in any number of fields. The issues I would like to address are of a broader nature.

As far as the career aspect of physics goes, I am only marginally apprehensive, as I am sure anyone facing such a daunting set of potential ordeals is. I am currently a sophomore and I hope to study biophysics. My concern involves a physicists life outside of work. Is there one?

I am not sure exactly where this judgment comes from, but it seems as though many physicists miss out on living to devote themselves utterly to their work, spending so many years enveloped completely in study, only to graduate and face a work-load disproportionately larger than that of most other career fields.

I guess my question is, how accurate an assessment is this and how heavily does it affect those aspects of life that one should not, in our painfully short time on earth, miss out on?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted