Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Down Under

1. Dec 18, 2004 #1
    Physics "Down Under"

I'm considering Australia for university, and I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for universities, primarily in Sydney, secondarily in Brisbane/Melbourne, tertiary in Perth. How are the requirements? Currently I'm a IB International Baccalaureate student, so trying to trick somebody into believing Norwegian grades are any good won't be a problem.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2004 #2
    Hmmm - I live in Melbourne. I don't know much about international admissions but you can try going to the university website - I am sure they will have information there.

Since, I am in Melbourne, I can only name you the good universities in Melbourne which is Melbourne University and Monash Universisty.

4. Dec 19, 2004 #3
    Uni of New Wales anf Uni of Sydney are the main ones. They are both strong in physics, but since i attend unsw, i will give it my vote. it is very strong in astrophysics.

5. Dec 19, 2004 #4
    University of Western Australia is one of the best for Astrophysics and Theoretical physics, and i a member of the Australian Group of 8.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook