1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Down Under

1. Dec 18, 2004 #1
    Physics "Down Under"

I'm considering Australia for university, and I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for universities, primarily in Sydney, secondarily in Brisbane/Melbourne, tertiary in Perth. How are the requirements? Currently I'm a IB International Baccalaureate student, so trying to trick somebody into believing Norwegian grades are any good won't be a problem.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2004 #2
    Hmmm - I live in Melbourne. I don't know much about international admissions but you can try going to the university website - I am sure they will have information there.

Since, I am in Melbourne, I can only name you the good universities in Melbourne which is Melbourne University and Monash Universisty.
  4. Dec 19, 2004 #3
    Uni of New Wales anf Uni of Sydney are the main ones. They are both strong in physics, but since i attend unsw, i will give it my vote. it is very strong in astrophysics.
  5. Dec 19, 2004 #4
    University of Western Australia is one of the best for Astrophysics and Theoretical physics, and i a member of the Australian Group of 8.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?