Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics exam

1. May 28, 2007 #1
    I am in my final year at high school and i have choosed physics exam, there left only two weeks until it, have any one ideas how to prepare for it in such a short time?
  2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2007 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Well, how do you normally revise for exams? I'd say that two weeks, if used well, is plenty of time to prepare for a high school exam. Take a few days going through your notes, or textbook, making notes of the important formulae and concepts, then spend the rest of your time attempting problems. Try and get hold of some of the past exams as these problems will be useful to give you an idea of the questions to expect.
  4. May 28, 2007 #3

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Definitely try the Past exam papers. It'll give you an idea of what areas you need to improve on, and will be great practice.
  5. May 28, 2007 #4
    what do u think about make something like schema of main formulas, to make bonds between variables, and just learn a short theory of this formulas and those variables?
    Last edited: May 28, 2007
  6. May 28, 2007 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That should certainly help you pass the exam but it won't help your understanding of the subject. I have done that before and in the end its a bit self defeating if you just pass the exam but have no detailed knowledge. If you have time try and go a bit more in depth than just memorising formulas.
  7. May 29, 2007 #6
    Id suggest breezing through all of the chapters you covered quickly and checking out what you know. If you find something that you don't remember, mark it, and then review it after. I've found that even just reading through the information once, helps a lot. Good Luck!
  8. May 30, 2007 #7
    In which nation do you live?
  9. May 31, 2007 #8
    I am lithuanian if you are asking that?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?