1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Extended Essay Guidance

1. Jul 8, 2011 #1
    I will be starting my IB Extended Essay soon and desperately need help choosing a topic. I have taken Physics as my subject because I really enjoy it.
    I am trying to combine physics with a sport because it will be more interesting for me. I had brainstormed a little, and found that golf and football(soccer) sounded very interesting. I thought about the equipment used in each sport, like the golf ball, clubs, the football, the football shoes etc. I could probably do an experiment on the effect of the surface of the golf ball or the movement of the football through the air, but these topics didn't sound very easy to perform. I also thought about the football kick, and how kicking the football from different parts affects the movement of the ball, the power and speed of the kick could also be useful factors, but it will be very difficult to keep things constant.
    Does anyone have a good idea for a physics extended essay? If you think physics in sports is a good start can you please help me pick a topic and help me decide ways in which i could experiment on the topics.

Thank you for your time and help!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted