Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics final preparation.

1. Apr 30, 2013 #1
    Hello all. I am new here. I have a physics final in two weeks and I want to know how to get prepared for it. What are some strategies to complete the problems. I would appreciate all of your input. Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 30, 2013 #2

Bobbywhy

Gold Member

4. Apr 30, 2013 #3
    The best way to improve in physics is too solve problems, so that you become familiar with the material. As such, it will probably help if you go through old homework problems and old tests to make sure you can still do those problems. Also be sure to go through new problems so that you are sure you're not just relying on memory to get through problems. If a concept confuses you, make sure you find a way to clarify it (e.g. talking to professors, reading a textbook, etc.). The problems on your final could very well be completely new problems and understanding the physics concepts will help you start to find a solution. Even if you will have an equation sheet make sure you are at least familiar with the equations. Additionally, some questions will be easier if you can derive other equations from the ones on the equation sheet.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook