1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics for an Infantrymen (?)

1. Sep 18, 2010 #1
    As an Infantrymen and a recent enlistee for the Army I've had a number of experiences that have been disconcerting towards my pursuits in TP (theoretical physics). Obviously my career and surroundings already disfavor me even as an advent student. Then not to mention my concentration on a subject which is an anomaly for most soldiers!

Previous interest were more philosophical (Leibniz, Spinoza, Badiou, Wittgenstein) than technical and I'm hoping to make a considerable transition into fields such as differential geometry, topology, algebraic geometry, quantum dynamics, kinetic theory, and string theory. Without previous experience in any of these fields I'm still certain that I can achieve the technicalities and notation required in these fields as long as I receive adequate guidance and supervision.

More than anything I'm disapproving of references made to works or authors that may suspend my questions unto further investigation. Overall I'm seeking advice on where I can receive corrective methods on my own research while maintaining my duty as an Infantrymen.

If any of you have or can provide questions or advice to which I can benefit from, then I encourage you to do so.

Please do help my fellow theorist!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted