How can I easily find my own posts on the Physics Forum?

• Thread starter irishetalon00
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is having difficulty finding their own posts on the forum and is looking for a way to easily access them. They are given multiple options, such as clicking on their name and using the drop-down box or accessing their profile and statistics. Another option is to click on "Quick Links" and then "Subscribed Threads" to see a list of all posts they have made. They thank Tiny Tim for the helpful suggestions.
irishetalon00
Hello,

I find the format of the forum a little difficult to use.

How do I find my own posts? I can't find a link on my profile page or anything to a specific user's posts.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Click on your name, you will get a drop down box, click on "find more posts by *yourname*".

Yes, but that option is not available until I can find a post that has my name in it, which requires searching for my posts. Why can't there just be that same drop-down list whenever I log in?

Click on the "Quick Links" drop-down menu on the menu bar, and then click on "Subscribed Threads" … that will give you a list of all the threads you've posted in. :smile:

irishetalon00 said:
Yes, but that option is not available until I can find a post that has my name in it, which requires searching for my posts. Why can't there just be that same drop-down list whenever I log in?
Did you try clicking on your name? You will get a drop down box, just click on your posts. You don't have to search for anything, all of your posts will appear.

Another option is to click on "My PF" in the top lefthand toolbar at the top of the page, click on "My Profile", click on "statistics", then click on "find all posts by *your name*"

tiny-tim said:
Click on the "Quick Links" drop-down menu on the menu bar, and then click on "Subscribed Threads" … that will give you a list of all the threads you've posted in. :smile:

Thank you very much, Tiny Tim!

1. How can I find specific topics or discussions on the Physics Forum?

To find specific topics or discussions on the Physics Forum, you can use the search bar located at the top of the forum page. You can also browse through the different categories and sub-forums to find relevant discussions.

2. Is there a way to bookmark or save threads that I find interesting on the Physics Forum?

Yes, there is a bookmark feature on the Physics Forum that allows you to save threads for future reference. Simply click on the bookmark icon located at the top right corner of the thread and it will be saved to your bookmarks.

3. How can I post a question or start a discussion on the Physics Forum?

To post a question or start a discussion on the Physics Forum, click on the "New Thread" button located at the top left corner of the forum page. Make sure to choose the appropriate category and provide a clear and concise title and description for your post.

4. Can I edit or delete my posts on the Physics Forum?

Yes, you can edit or delete your posts on the Physics Forum. Simply click on the "Edit" or "Delete" button located at the bottom of your post. Note that you can only edit or delete your own posts, not those of other members.

5. How can I report inappropriate or offensive posts on the Physics Forum?

If you come across any posts that are inappropriate or offensive, you can report them by clicking on the "Report" button located at the bottom of the post. The moderators of the forum will review the report and take appropriate action.