Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Forums History

1. Jun 30, 2008 #1
    Over the years we've gotten many questions regarding the technicals and history of Physics Forums. With the help of the library we now have setup a history page.
    https://www.physicsforums.com/library.php?do=view_item&itemid=83

I'm sure to add on to it as I remember things. If anyone has a story or something significant that I forgot, please let me know and I'll add it.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 1, 2008 #2

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Perhaps an entry on Physics forums medals, and what they mean would be useful, since the question has come up on several occasions.

I don't know if that really fits well into this topic though. Hmm. Maybe I'll start one an article on it and see how people respond.

4. Jul 1, 2008 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I think a lot of people have questions about that. Some people think it's automatic after a certain number of posts, and it's not, it's about knowledge and the willingness to help.

5. Jul 1, 2008 #4

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Exactly what I was thinking. I think this is because a lot of other web forums award members based on post counts. I'm working on a library article for this. Give me a half hour and I should have it done.

6. Jul 1, 2008 #5

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

OK! You'll find my article in the library moderation queue. Tell me what you think before I approve it, just to make sure their are no errors.

7. Jul 1, 2008 #6
  8. Jul 1, 2008 #7

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?