Physics Forums infiltrated?

In summary: I have a physics degree myself, and was trained in the use of radioactive materials...In summary, the forum is being monitored for potential terrorist activity, but it does not seem that they are actually interested in monitoring it.
Ahh, saw the website Sorry Loren, think I mistook your mention of 'libraries as dangerous' as I tend to look out for (or be thinking about) my own saftey, inasmuch as AFAIK I am the only one who knows the T.o.E.'s path...the manner of the telling of it, telling on a person, to make them 'keep a secret' that long...

As for being watched here at PF, got an e-mail last year, just before the war in Iraq, from an assitant at the Office of the Prime Minster of Canada, telling me that Canada's position was that "We were going with Resolution 1441"...why?...cause of me? typing away at PF? in the "Politics and World Affairs" forums? as it is the only forum that I have been using (Cept "talkroot", a little, lately, but not back then) and had mentioned, before the War broke out, that Saddam Had NO WMDs...

Why did I get that e-mail...I admit I had sent the Office of the Prime Minster enough of them, myself...lots, and lots, and more lots, you can be sure of that...But the ones I sent him, didn't talk about the War, they were about me!

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't see how we could justify being bothered by monitoring. This is an open forum. The whole point is the open exchange of ideas. If we exchange ideas with an FBI agent, then maybe there will be one slightly more well informed FBI agent in the world. To all you subversives reading this, a little free advice; If you want to keep a secret, don't post it on a public board.

Njorl

Originally posted by jimmy p
(SNIP) You, me, and everyone else in the world bud! that's what makes us special. (SNoP)
Forgive me, but you miss something about me, not your fault though, you just don't know that about me, that's O.K. not everyone gets it, but that's O.K. too...my life really is special, waaaaaaay more then most peoples...Graced by God, just like the rest of you, but in a different fashion then any of the rest of you...Experiential differences...

Sp from this thread, in this forum,
Physics Forums > PF Lounge > General Discussion > Politics and World Affairs > Hollywood wins DVD case
Me saying...You only need read the blue part
Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons in Physics Forums > PF Lounge > General Discussion > Politics and World Affairs > Hollywood wins DVD case

Apparently in your *Ahem* Ignorance of Both, law, and the internet, you seemed to have missed completely the central issue reguarding the internet, freedom of speech, copyright law, and you!

For the very first time, in the history of humanity, human speech is directly translatable into actions, and actions that can be very deleterious to humanity...as in...

<<Insert string of maliciously intended code <--input/output-->Completely blacked out power stations>>

NOW! neither Copyright law, nor freedom of speech, have protections against this type of occurance, HOW could they!??! Never, in the history of humanity, has there been a position wherein human speech was directly translatable into action, unless you were a KING, and even then, a mad king could be shot...in this instance we have opportunity for anyone to act like a King simply by having the programming abilities, something copyright law was NEVER INTENDED to protect NEVER.

Now, that you can find malicious code, on the net, apparently is not a new thing (even though the net is) but it is something that requires that copyright rules need be, either, reviewed and/or revised and/or have a 'set aside', or completely new section(s) (Rules) to deal with (computer) programs as copyright law was never intended to protect the creation of The tools of burglary, larceny, piracy, nor malicious anarchy...and it is one of the above (which one?) that you all seem to want to have "protected"...funny I remember back when 'net people' wanted "no rules" agreeing that they would, willingly, Police themselves!...HEY! where did Y'all go"

It is the principal reason why democracy works The VOLONTARY upholding of the law by the vast majority of the citizenry...otherwise, it simply co$ts to much, throwing everyone in jail...

YOu are being unreasonable, and it just might cost you waaaaaay more then you ever dreamed!

Lights out, everyone!

What some of you seem intent upon protecting, is a right, to have the ability to pirate, cause the vast majority, of net users, cannot program!...so they need someone else to do that... right?

So do you think, for one second, that the 'Authories' in the world, are going to ignore, something like this...the part in blue

This changes lots of things, and is not something that they can simply disreguard, ERGO it is newsworthy as it is important N-E-W-S...tell me have you heard a word about it anywhere?? if not Why?

Do you think that they don't know of this yet?? (ha ha haaaaa-hee hee)

P.S. Remember, a power station blackout is something that has been attributed to, and can be attributable to, as from the past history, human deaths, inasmuch as the edlderly can be placed at greater risk when made absent of electrical utilities...last time the power went out, people died

HAHAHAAA this guy's relentless it's pathetic. GET OVER IT

Originally posted by Njorl
I don't see how we could justify being bothered by monitoring. This is an open forum. The whole point is the open exchange of ideas. If we exchange ideas with an FBI agent, then maybe there will be one slightly more well informed FBI agent in the world. To all you subversives reading this, a little free advice; If you want to keep a secret, don't post it on a public board.

Njorl

That's what we call intelligence.. You got that?
Intelligence..

Originally posted by The_Professional
HAHAHAAA this guy's relentless it's pathetic. GET OVER IT
Uhmm is that in reference to me? cause posting something twice isn't a sign of relentlessness (unless you can't do anything more then once, yourself, then it would appear that way, to you) and as for 'pathetic', well, yup empathetic! yup! but just plain 'pathetic', well your comment qualifies for the title...

And as for getting over it, over what, your ridiculess nature? your impuned personna? your inane responces? get over what? cause I can assure you, I can never 'get over' someone elses stupidity, for them...just not possible, you would need do that for yourself...then again, it is not an 'ascribed statement' so it might not even be for me...

I think every information is interesting to monitoring organizations. It will be added to your file ... sharping your profile. The same with cookies and spy software on your computer.

When I state today, here, that President Bush is a climate terrorist, I am sure it will be added to my file. In fact Bush is a climate terrorist when you see how he endangers world wide our global future and personal health, and refuses to stop it ... and intentional hided the scientific proves.

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
Uhmm is that in reference to me? cause posting something twice isn't a sign of relentlessness (unless you can't do anything more then once, yourself, then it would appear that way, to you) and as for 'pathetic', well, yup empathetic! yup! but just plain 'pathetic', well your comment qualifies for the title...

Yes that is a reference to you. You keep arguing your same, lame, incomprehensible ramblings. A 4 year old kid can write a more coherent sentence.

And as for getting over it, over what, your ridiculess nature? your impuned personna? your inane responces? get over what? cause I can assure you, I can never 'get over' someone elses stupidity, for them...just not possible, you would need do that for yourself...then again, it is not an 'ascribed statement' so it might not even be for me...

Ditto. I certainly can't get over somebody who calls people immature and yet become a perfect example of it. When I look up the words H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E in my big fat Webster's dictionary, I see a picture of you PARSONS.

So, "Children" time to behave, as adults...responcibility.

Unlimited limit, hummm an oxymoron, must of been generated by an oxy-moron, as in "oxygenated moron" "One who has no concept of logic"...see '...'

Puerile little infantine is what you are, immature, unreasonable and pedomorphic...(Oooops! I spelt "Ooooops" wrong!) as well as guileless, immature, and ingenuous...

BRAVO! Name-calling and personal attacks. That was an excellent display of maturity.

Last edited:
Can we stop the ad hominem flaming and get back to the subject at hand? Why are we on the topic "Physics Forums infiltrated," anyway? Are you guys trying to sabotage this thread?:wink:

Originally posted by Loren Booda
Can we stop the ad hominem flaming and get back to the subject at hand? Why are we on the topic "Physics Forums infiltrated," anyway? Are you guys trying to sabotage this thread?:wink:

Of course this forum is an open and democratic example of discussion and discourse. So, if any or all agents of the secret services to the stars, corporations or governments do scan its contents then, they are, by the very modality of this forum, welcome.

It is more than likely that a less authoritative but more disruptive form of infiltration has happened upon the forum in the form of "Sock Puppets". Please read this quote to understand the type of infiltration I mean:

A sock puppet, simply put, is an Online Identity used by someone who already has another Online Identity for participating in a given space. This is somewhat the reverse of a Dramatic Identity.
With a Dramatic Identity, multiple people might post under a given moniker.

With a Sock Puppet, the same person might post under multiple identities. This is similar to the concept of a bot, although the person wielding the sock puppet doesn't necessarily automate the participation of the identity.

As used at TheFreshPress and CafeUtne (at least, perhaps others), the term carries a perjorative sense. Given these sites' policies against multiple identities by non-administrative participants, the use of a Sock Puppet is taken as an attempt to deceive.

By using several Sock Puppets all posting in favour of an idea, a dishonest person can give the impression that the idea has more grass-roots support than it really has.

See also StuffingTheBallotBox, which is a similar concept in a more formal, voting context.

Sock puppets make it harder to enforce "one man, one vote."
Generally, the term "sock puppet" is only used where the various identities interact or reinforce each other in some way. The term originates with the metaphor of carrying on a conversation with oneself using a puppet in each hand.

Sock puppet identities are disruptive in conversation because they are often used so that a person can ask questions of himself and appear to be carrying on a thread between two individuals.

http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl?SockPuppet

Originally posted by The_Professional
(SNIP) Ditto. I certainly can't get over somebody who calls people immature and yet become a perfect example of it. When I look up the words H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E in my big fat Webster's dictionary, I see a picture of you PARSONS.(SNoP)
BRAVO! Name-calling and personal attacks. That was an excellent display of maturity. for evidence of self same see above...the (SNIP)/(SNoP)'ed part
Sometimes, when an adult has to deal with a person demonstrating intransigent unreasonablility, childishly, you have license to act as a (little) bit of a child, yourself, as to make the 'other' notice themselves...it's called drawing them out, but that takes an adult perspective to notice...you.?.well, perhaps it is you who are The infiltrator and do not want anything, that might be "Evidential", to be made sooooo obvious, right?

EDIT Sorry Loren...