1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics graduate school database & Biophysics advice

1. Jun 29, 2011 #1
    I am beginning graduate school preparations, I am looking for an online database of physics graduate programs that would list things like number of faculty in specific fields, number of graduate students admitted each year, etc...

I have seen a book like this, specifically for physics graduate programs, that gets published each year. I have not had any luck finding anything similar online, which is understandable since the book probably was expensive.

Also any advice on biophysics programs (experimental - maybe computational)?

I will be graduating this year with an applied math degree and all of a physics degree except quantum 1&2. I have worked on two research projects in experimental physics and possible could get a publication from one that I am working right now. I am starting a computational project in a few weeks in a biomedical engineering field (through the math department).

Also, would it be beneficial to take a biochemistry course (I would rather take quantum, but I already dropped the ball on the prerequisites...)

About me, I currently have a 4.0 gpa (mostly luck...) from a large (~30,000 undergrads) public research university, will have taken at least two graduate level (math) classes by graduation, and should be able to get three stellar letters of recommendation.

Thanks

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted