Physics gre books with problems

In summary, the person is looking for book recommendations for physics problems similar to those found on the pgre. They have already gone through several books and are now looking for ones that are a bit more challenging but still solvable in 2-3 minutes. Some suggested books include The GRE Physics Test Prep Book, 5 lb. Book of GRE Practice Problems, and Cracking the GRE Physics Subject Test.
Aziza
I am looking for a recommendation on books with problems similar to pgre problems. I already have Halliday Resnick, Schaum's 3000 solved problems, and the new Conquering Physics GRE book by Yoni Khan, and have pretty much gone through them all in detail, so I feel I understand all of the necessary concepts well. However, I feel that I need to work on my speed in solving a problem, so I basically want another couple of books with problems on the same level as pgre.

Something on the level of Schaum's, but preferably a bit harder (but not as hard as prelim/qualifier questions..i need problems i can solve in 2-3 min) will be superb. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Some good books you could look into are: 1. The GRE Physics Test Prep Book by Vibrant Publishers; 2. 5 lb. Book of GRE Practice Problems by Manhattan Prep; 3. Barrons GRE Physics Subject Test; 4. Cracking the GRE Physics Subject Test, 15th Edition by Princeton Review; 5. McGraw-Hill’s Conquering GRE Physics; 6. The Essential Physics of Medical Imaging by James Torrens; 7. GRE Physics Practice Problem Workbook by Quantum Test Prep; and 8. GRE Physics Test Prep Flashcards by Quantum Test Prep.

1. What are some recommended books for studying physics for the GRE?

Some popular books for studying physics for the GRE include "Cracking the GRE Physics Subject Test" by The Princeton Review, "Barron's GRE Subject Test: Physics" by Kenneth Rideout and Jonathan Wolf, and "GRE Physics (REA) - The Best Test Prep for the GRE" by Robert Jansen and Ken Springer.

2. Are there any books specifically focused on solving GRE physics problems?

Yes, there are books that specifically focus on solving GRE physics problems, such as "GRE Physics (REA) - The Best Test Prep for the GRE" by Robert Jansen and Ken Springer and "GRE Physics Test Practice Book" by Educational Testing Service (ETS).

3. Do these books cover all topics tested on the GRE physics exam?

Yes, most books cover all topics tested on the GRE physics exam, including mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, modern physics, and mathematical methods. However, it is always a good idea to check the table of contents or reviews of the book to ensure it covers all the topics you need.

4. Are there any online resources for GRE physics practice problems?

Yes, there are many online resources for GRE physics practice problems, including websites such as Khan Academy, PhysicsGRE.com, and GREPhysics.net. You can also find practice problems in some of the recommended books mentioned above.

5. Can these books help improve my score on the GRE physics exam?

Yes, these books can definitely help improve your score on the GRE physics exam. They provide comprehensive review of the topics, practice problems with detailed solutions, and strategies for tackling different types of questions. However, it is important to also dedicate time to studying and understanding the concepts rather than just relying on practice problems.