1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other Physics GRE

1. Jul 18, 2017 #1
    I am a Mechanical Engineering student. I have four months to prepare for physics GRE. How should I study for it? Which book is most preferred ?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 18, 2017 #2
    Are you a graduating senior? Have you take a broad collection of physics courses, well beyond what is normal for MEs? If either of these is not true, I'd have to ask why you think you might pass the physics GRE. No single book is going to get you there.

4. Jul 18, 2017 #3

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Your first question here was "Why ain't momentum conserved when external force acts on the system?"

That tells me two things:
    • You aren't ready for the Physics GRE.
    • You aren't ready for the Verbal GRE.
    I don't see how you will do well given the time available.

5. Jul 19, 2017 #4
    Well i like to think a little deep. So sometimes i get stuck thinking about the basic concepts and i don't understand what's the problem with the verbal here?:sorry:

6. Jul 19, 2017 #5

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

That's not the impression you left in that thread. Or the other threads. The impression you give is someone struggling with freshman mechanics.

And "I" is capitalized, "ain't" is not a word and your second sentence is a run-on.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted