Physics Idea help.

• Thread starter Jseraph
  • Start date
Jseraph

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hello, Im a junior physics student, I've come up with an idea that for a theory in concept it works but the math is considerably beyond my current level. Is there anywhere i could go to submit the concept or to get help with the math?

Answers and Replies

Hello, Im a junior physics student, I've come up with an idea that for a theory in concept it works but the math is considerably beyond my current level. Is there anywhere i could go to submit the concept or to get help with the math?
How do you have a workable physical theory without a mathematical understanding of it? It sounds like you have an idea, but nobody can address it if you don't say what it is.

First, welcome to the forum!

Second, what nismaratwork said: You would have to tell us the concept of your theory.

You can get help with the math here, there isn't really anywhere to sumbit the concept. More than likely at least 10 other people have thought about it, you have to keep in note that it must be in perfect harmony (non-contraditory) to the fundamentals of physics.

Incoming PPM (or similar).

I can assure you that without the mathematical understanding, chances are there are flaws / mistakes in what you think you have.

You could always submit it here and see what people make of it. Could be a good eye opener.

FlexGunship
Gold Member
I already thought of it. And it doesn't work unless you arbitrarily swap signs.

Kidding. Welcome. Let's hear the idea.

arivero
Gold Member
Hello, Im a junior physics student,...Is there anywhere ...to get help with the math?
Your own self in year 2016. Problem is, by then you could have forgotten the idea or the details. In fact, you must forget it or become mad/obsessed along the way.

So the answer to
Is there anywhere i could go to submit the concept
is the traditional one: your "waste book" .

Since Newton times, everyone keeps a collection of these. Of course, you can also discuss it here and google for "Jseraph" five years later, but this discussion should be only a "backup" for your real written notepad.

Last edited: