1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics in Mining Engineering

1. Jun 30, 2011 #1
    I grew up wanting to be a physicist.I love the subject.But in my country people wanting to study theoretical sciences have to take the same path as the engineering aspirants--at least to get into the good schools.And here's the problem it has caused--although I qualified the exam I was allotted a Mining Engineering course owing to my low rank.Although i believe the college I have got is one of the best for Earth Sciences I am disappointed as far as my actual dreams are concerned.

So my question is:Is there a way I can pursue physics even after a mining engg. degree?And please describe the curriculum of the mining course and the physics in it if somebody has studied that.Please note that i have already made the choice so suggesting I chuck it is not an option.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted