1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics in Montreal, Canada

1. Aug 31, 2013 #1
    Hi everyone,

I'm starting Co-op next winter and I'm looking for a job in Montreal. I'm not sure what kind of physics opportunities there are in the city. I know that Bombardier is in the area and that they may have jobs related to physics. There may also be opportunities at the universities there like McGill.

Does anyone have any experience they can share?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 7, 2013 #2
    I am not really familiar with the opportunities available in Montreal either, but one thing you can do is reach out to some local universities. Try talking to some people in the Physics department (or even engineering, math, cs if that can be applicable to you) and see if they have any advice/ideas.

4. Sep 8, 2013 #3
    That's definitely a good idea.

Lockheed Martin also has offices there and they do lots of work similar to to Bombardier.
    A new planetarium opened there too. Though I doubt it would be a very technical position I wonder if they need people who know their astronomy.

5. Sep 8, 2013 #4

reenmachine

Gold Member

I'm not familiar with physic-related jobs , but if you ever have a general question about Montreal feel free to pm me , I've live there all my life.

Cheers and good luck!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook