Physics-Inspired Foods - Ideas & Examples

• Thread starter RichRobX
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Food
In summary, this conversation discusses various foods related to physics, such as an apple for Newton, pie for pi, and Milky Way/Galaxy/Mars bars. Other suggestions include tofu (related to projectile vomiting), beans, coffee, and grilled rattlesnake. Some suggestions also involve music, with songs like "Born to Make You Happy" by Britney Spears and "I Turn to You" by Christina Aguilera. However, some responses are unrelated to physics, such as the mention of Jeffrey Dahmer and hot dogs in physics departments."
RichRobX
Hello there, unusual question but can anyone think of some good physics related foods?

for example:
an apple (Newton)
a pie (3.14...)
Milky Way/Galaxy/Mars bars

:-p you get the idea :-p

Physics news on Phys.org
Tofu...

russ_watters said:
Tofu...

:confused: Huh?

A banana (Dr. Ruth)

russ_watters said:
Tofu...
beans ?

lamp(Thomas)

physicsforums's developmental biology(MoonBear)

Head cheese? (brains or, again, Dr. Ruth)

Fig (Newton)

Coffee (Maxwell)

Grilled rattlesnake (lizard)

McDonald's food. (non terrestrial origin)

Could we have this kiss forever(Whitney and Enrique, original version)
Jenny from the block(Jenifer Lopez)
I turn to you(Christina Aguilera)
What a girl wants(Christina Aguilera)
Walk on by(Britney Spears)
I run away (Britney Spears)
Thats where you take me(BRITNEY SPEAR, too)
Outta my head(Kylie Monogue)

...and the one I like most
Born to make you happy(again Britney Spears)

I think Britney should always sing songs like that

I just reread the original post. Forget the Dr. Ruth stuff. By the time I responded, I was thinking that the subject was science in general, not just physics. :redface:

Moonbear said:
:confused: Huh?
What, isn't it obvious? If I eat tofu, I projectile vomit! :smile:

I crack myself up.

TOE (Jeffrey Dahmer)
String beans
Egg Nog is a Halliday favorite
Atom smashed potatoes
Cat; depending on the culture
Wild Bohr meat
QG Fruit Loops
Steak; cooked to rarified
Boloney [see TD]
Hot Dogs [visit any physics department]

russ_watters said:
What, isn't it obvious? If I eat tofu, I projectile vomit! :smile:

I crack myself up.

:smile: Okay, as long as someone makes you laugh. :smile: :biggrin:

Related to Physics-Inspired Foods - Ideas & Examples

1. What are physics-inspired foods?

Physics-inspired foods are food creations that are based on principles and concepts from physics. These foods often incorporate unique shapes, textures, and flavors that are inspired by scientific concepts such as gravity, motion, and energy.

2. Can you give some examples of physics-inspired foods?

Some examples of physics-inspired foods include molecular gastronomy dishes, such as foam desserts and liquid nitrogen ice cream, which use scientific techniques to create unique textures and flavors. Other examples include dishes that play with gravity, such as upside-down cakes, or use scientific principles to create a visual effect, like edible water bubbles.

3. How does physics play a role in food creation?

Physics plays a role in food creation through the use of scientific principles, such as thermodynamics, in cooking techniques. It also plays a role in food presentation, as chefs may use physics concepts to create unique shapes and textures in their dishes. Additionally, the study of food physics helps researchers understand the physical properties of food, such as how it cooks and how it reacts to different ingredients.

4. Are there any health benefits to physics-inspired foods?

While physics-inspired foods may not necessarily have specific health benefits, incorporating scientific concepts into food creation can lead to innovative and creative dishes that may be more nutritious or have a better balance of flavors. Additionally, understanding the physics of food can help create healthier cooking techniques and reduce food waste.

5. Can anyone create physics-inspired foods, or do you need a background in physics?

Anyone can create physics-inspired foods, as long as they have an understanding of basic physics principles and a creative mindset. Chefs and food scientists may have a deeper understanding of the science behind their creations, but anyone can experiment with using physics concepts in their food creations.