Physics Is Least Popular In July

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date

Answers and Replies

PWiz
Vacations are times when my physics activity peaks. 3 months off are like 3 months worth of treasured physics adventures for me - no school to distract me from indulging in my favorite hobby!

gfd43tg
Gold Member
I know that back in the day when the number of people viewing a particular forum was visible, during the summer months the number in the homework forum was significantly less than during the school year

zoobyshoe
So, if the googling of "physics" is cyclical, I have to wonder whether all googling is cyclical, and whether July is the lowest month for all googling.

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
So, if the googling of "physics" is cyclical, I have to wonder whether all googling is cyclical, and whether July is the lowest month for all googling.

Not for "surfing" from that report.

Zz.

zoobyshoe
Not for "surfing" from that report.

Zz.
Ah, so. What I meant was I wonder if July is the month when the search engine, google, is used less than during any other month.

My hypothesis is that Google doesn't have a peak or trough month, considering how globally accessible it is.

StatGuy2000
Education Advisor
When I read the link provided, what I found most surprising is how popular the Google search items for "physics" are in countries like Somalia, Bhutan, and Ethiopia -- I sort of understand the popularity of searching for physics in the Philippines given that there is a sizable proportion of students who study technical fields there (including those who intend to pursue further studies in the US), but definitely did not expect search items in Somalia.

Although granted, I would expect Internet access in a country like Somalia to be pretty spotty, so the number of people actively searching for any items on Google will tend to be skewed to a small group.

Orodruin
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
The clear periodicity in that Google search trend is amazing. So I wonder if the posting rate on PF correlates in the same way?
Judging from the statistics for June so far, there is already going to be a drop from earlier months.

Suggested for: Physics Is Least Popular In July

• Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies