1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics is too broad?

1. Jun 10, 2010 #1
    Is physics too broad of a subject to major in? If this post is too confusing dont worry im confused myself, my friend is the one who put this in my head but the way he thinks is confusing and dumb and unrealistic i know that doesnt matter but im kinda annoyed

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 10, 2010 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Can you supply some more context/detail as to what you're talking about?

4. Jun 10, 2010 #3
    sorry lol... ummm physics is too broad of a subject to study ? because you learn from every aspect of physics? but thats not a problem right? I dunno it gets fixed with your graduate degree when you specilze with your graduate degree

5. Jun 10, 2010 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Not really, jobs that require just a bachelors don't require specialized knowledge that you can't be trained for on the job. Even with a masters you don't really learn much specialized information either.

6. Jun 10, 2010 #5

Ok thanks a lot now let's close this thread

7. Jun 10, 2010 #6

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

This is rather puzzling. If physics is "too broad" to major in, then how did so many people managed to major in it each year all over the world? The "experimental observation" negates the premise of your question.

Zz.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook