Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics isn't phun yet

1. Oct 7, 2014 #1
    I have been searching all around for a community deeply rooted with physics knowledge and after working a few problems with the help of this forum I decided to join. I am currently enrolled in Electricity and Magnetism at Montgomery Community College and am struggling with a C average in the class. I hope these forums to continue to beneficial as I am looking forward to being an active member!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2014 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF Clay! I am sure you will find many people willing to help.

4. Oct 7, 2014 #3
    Welcome, Clay. I've generally found that the more interesting a subject is, the easier it is to master it. So you hit the nail on the head when you said physics isn't fun. And the less relevant a particular subject seems to your life, the less interesting it will be. I was always bored by physics up until the age of about 20. What changed that was that I was really into philosophy and many of the philosophy books I was reading started relating to the sciences, and especially physics. Also, at about this time, I was in nuclear school in the Navy, and I really started becoming into what I was studying.

So if you can find a way that makes physics interesting or relevant to you, do that....though I don't know what that would be in your case. Only you know.

5. Oct 7, 2014 #4
  6. Oct 7, 2014 #5
    Thanks, Greg. It is a Russian icon of Sophia, the Personified Wisdom of God. Your avatar is pretty colorful as well....I'm only worried that the pictured animal will address me in a Cockney accent and try to sell car insurance to me.

7. Oct 7, 2014 #6
    Why, do you need some...? :D

8. Oct 7, 2014 #7
    Haha. I don't have a car. But thanks. :p

9. Oct 7, 2014 #8
    So you need a car eh...? :D

10. Oct 7, 2014 #9
    Nawww. I don't believe in cars. I'm one of those raging liberals that thinks we should all be packed like cattle into trains.

11. Oct 7, 2014 #10
    So you need a train ticket..eh? ok I'm done :D

12. Oct 7, 2014 #11
    Please, sir.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook