Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics jokes

1. Apr 23, 2009 #1
    Ok I have a speech to deliver in a few weeks. It is on neutrino research at the south pole. I will be leaving soon to go to McMurdo Bay. I am only 19 and a Sophomore in College after this semester. I am very excited but would like to break the ice in style(pun intended)lol. So I need some of your best Physics and math jokes. Thanks everyone.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 23, 2009 #2

Danger

Gold Member

How about: "My mother-in-law is so dense she absorbs neutrinos"?

4. Apr 23, 2009 #3
    Ha that is good this is what I was looking for please keep them coming, thanks

5. Apr 23, 2009 #4
    Neutrino astronomy is one of the only branches of astronomy where it's okay to get stuck on the day shift.

I've got nothin...

6. Apr 23, 2009 #5
    Just something funny about the antarctic project you're refering to that a friend of mine pointed out to me. In HP Lovecraft's books Yog Sothoth's appearance is described as that of several iridescent globes and the antarctic nuetrino detector array is a series of mirrored globes.

7. Apr 23, 2009 #6

baywax

Gold Member

Sort of related:

The Americans have astronauts, the Russians have cosmonauts, the Italians have Specimen.
    (From the former, part Ukrainian bass player)

8. Apr 23, 2009 #7
    Q: What happens when neutrinos drink beer?
    A: It goes right through them.

9. Apr 23, 2009 #8

baywax

Gold Member

If Newt Gingrich and Janet Reno had a love child its name would be "Neutrino".

(I have to take the blame for this one:blushing:)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook