1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Physics Lecturer

1. Jul 28, 2010 #1
    Currently a Physics Lecture, have my MS in physics after having to stop or hault my PHD due to lack of research funding/support/ decent people. Finished my PHD coursework, & Comp exam.

Salary isn't that great as a lecturer. Only 45/year. Teaching physics in highschool starts you at 55 where I live, but you need a masters in ed just to do that.

Thinking about going into engineering, taking the FE exam and swinging a job there.

Don't wanna go back to school now because I don't have the money. Still have college loans.

I have a friend who majored in EE, with a crappy 3.0 gpa, making close to 100per year as a project manager in construction.

I had a 3.7, honors and all that crap.... each day I get more disgruntled. Money isn't everything but it would be nice to be compensated and not have to worrying about getting by on your salary.

Suggestions?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 28, 2010 #2
    how did your 3.0 gpa Electrical engineering major friend end up as a manager for a construction company? That's kind of interesting to say the least =)

4. Jul 28, 2010 #3
    project manager..

The same way that sarah palin became a VP candidate

5. Jul 28, 2010 #4
    why not, some company they would like to hire a person who really can do the job for them not looking how many papers they obtained from school

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook