1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics/Math degrees?

1. Jul 24, 2011 #1
    Hey, I was wondering what you can do with a university degree in physics or mathematics. I know one thing you can do with a physics degree is get a masters degree in astronomy, what are other things you can do, as well as things you can do with a mathematics degree? I really enjoy maths and sciences, I love the challenge that they have, it's not like english class where there is no "wrong answer" there is a right or wrong, for the most part.

I was wondering what kind've jobs I could persue with this attitude, if you guys could help me out that'd be great. I'm going into grade 12 in September, so I need to make my decision eventually. I'm taking Chemistry, Bio, Physics, Kinesiology, Calculus, Data Management, and I've already finished Functions and Advanced Functions.

Also, I forgot to mention, I am a very active person and really enjoy learning about nutrition/exercising. But I don't see a job I'd enjoy from that field, but I would enjoy taking some courses on it as electives or something in university. Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 24, 2011 #2

fss

Google "Physics jobs."

4. Jul 24, 2011 #3
    I have but it's very vague, like if I get a masters in physics, will I be able to get a good job, or would that be a waste of my time?

5. Jul 24, 2011 #4

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I think you're coming at it from the wrong direction. A degree is not a guarantee of a job.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook