1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Programs Physics MS or PHD without BS?

1. Jul 2, 2012 #1
    I received a BA in music and computing arts five years ago from a UC. I have just completed 2 years at Community College with the intention of getting another bachelor's, this time in engineering (blame the economy - not much work in the arts). I just applied to all of the UC's that accept 2nd Bachelor students, but was denied everywhere. I have a 3.95, was physics club president, and had a 9 month internship with a software startup; I thought that I'd be a competitive candidate, but I guess it's a bad time to go for another BS, at least in CS or EE.

At Community College I fell in love with physics and computer science and I'm considering pursuing a masters or PhD in one or both of these fields (or maybe combining them somehow). Is this possible, without the last 2 years of undergrad education? If yes, how, and where?

Thanks from a big dreamer.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 2, 2012 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook