Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Announcement Physics News feature

1. Apr 21, 2016 #1
    We are pleased to announce a new feature called Physics News. It's a simple page which lists the top physics stories of the past few days from phys.org. There is also a "discuss" link to generate a thread on PF if you want to comment on the story. The link is up at the top nav bar. The stories update every 30min. Enjoy! Check out what is new every day!

https://www.physicsforums.com/news

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 22, 2016 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Sounds good.

OK, now I've killed one unanswered thread. You owe me :smile:

4. Jan 5, 2017 #3
    How many people use this feature? Has anyone "discussed" a new story from there?

5. Jan 5, 2017 #4

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I forgot all about it. Thanks for the reminder. I don't think I've seen any threads using it but I may not have realized where links came from on news stories that have been discussed

6. Jan 5, 2017 #5
    I suspect this is common. Why though? Does it need to be renamed or moved in the navigation?

7. Jan 5, 2017 #6

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I'm pretty sure the problem is that you have created such a rich site that folks just lose track of all the available features.

I have exactly this problem with my very extensive wood site, where I sometimes have people asking me if I have or could add a particular feature that I DO already have. There's just too much to keep track of and people kind of hone in on a few features that they use a lot and then forget that there are other things available.

8. Jan 5, 2017 #7

BillTre

Science Advisor

I was unaware of it.
    Just saw it because it was latest in Feedback and Announcements.

Looks interesting to me.
    I have put it on my watchlist and will see how it works out.
    Interestingly, I was considering making a post on this one, but from instructables instead.

Looks like the listings go away when they get old or exceed some number.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted