1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics of a Moon Sport

1. Dec 14, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    So in my high school physics class we are asked to write a paper about devoping a sport on the moon. I choose to do frisbee on the moon. We are asked to use 3 physic principles for the sport and describe how each princible applies to my sport in detail. also describe how the sport has been espeacilly crafted for the moon and descirbe the rules to the sport. so i was hoping u could help me adapt frisbee or ultimate frisbee to the moon using physic concepts the apply to the sport

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

well so far i have figured out 2 concepts for fribee which is air resistance and inertia.
    for air resistance i would build a large dome the size of a football fielde which i would then pump oxygen into and seal shut so no oxygen could get out. this way the frisbee can stay up and move forward, and the players can breathe without space suits. then for inertia i decided this concept would be adapted to my sport buy the fact that the frisbee can travel much farther without falling to the ground. meaning the players can throw the frisbee much further and strighter on the moon than on the earth. any help in finding the third concept would be great and the adaptation to the sport. thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 15, 2008 #2
    A science-fiction writer once wrote of people digging large cylindrical wells into the moon, filling them with air, and then people would be able to fly with wings attached to their arms. I don't know how realistic this would be.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?