1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics of Complex Systems Vs Plasma Physics/Nuclear Fusion?

1. Oct 9, 2015 #1
    Thank you for opening my first thread.

I have just began studying Physics at a university in Hungary and would like to get some information about Physics of Complex Systems and Plasma Phyics/Nuclear Fusion.
    In my life, finding a goal have always helped me work harder and focus on my studies. Because of that I am looking for a branche in Physics in which I can do research in the coming years and get a job after my studies.
    So I kindly ask you which branch could you advise me and why? What are the main differences between them (the methods you have to use, the jobs you can get, the future prospects, etc.)?

On the one hand, I like Modern Physics and have a few friends who do research in Plasma Physics. I find their carreer path suitable to follow.
    On the other hand, I am interested in economy as well so I think Econophysics could be a smart option to choose but do not know a lot about it. I have read that it is related to Complex Systems and is really complecated to understand (and you need a huge amount of special knowledge to do a research in it). The chances of finding a job with a PhD in Econophysics are also unclear for me.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 14, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook