Exploring the Physics of Love: A Curious Man's Journey

In summary, the question of whether love can be explained by physics has been a topic of interest, but has yet to be fully explored. Some theories suggest that there may be chemical processes involved, while others propose the idea of sympathetic vibrations. However, the complexity of love and the lack of a universally agreed upon definition makes it difficult to apply scientific concepts to its explanation. Instead, fields such as psychology, biology, and anthropology may be more suitable for understanding the emotions and memories associated with love.
curiousman
Hi,

Can love be explained by physics?

I've been doing some research with no luck. I know there are a few books about however they treat the subject in a spiritual way with no science behind. Then, I've been reading some "theories" about sympathetic vibrations caused by love; oscillations which are excited indirectly by our driver (probably through elements which are not themselves highly resonant, and which will not to continue to resonate long after the source is turned off), and can continue to resonate after the source is turned off. In other words, falling in love by someone generates and keeps an internal reaction without the need of keeping contact with the source. Now, please don't ask me about the maths explanation because I have no clue.

Thanks,
curiousman

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'd start with the replacement of 'physical' by 'chemical'. There are a lot of chemical processes going on, and it's all body chemistry - although very complex.

Likes symbolipoint and berkeman
In order to explain love, you first need a good description of it and list of it properties that at least many would agree to.

Your explanation should also use well defined, commonly understood, scientific terms and concepts.
"our driver" and "the source" would need to be fleshed out.

Considering animal models (like dogs?) might be useful.

I would guess it involves memories and associated emotions.

curiousman said:
Then, I've been reading some "theories" about sympathetic vibrations caused by love; oscillations which are excited indirectly by our driver (probably through elements which are not themselves highly resonant, and which will not to continue to resonate long after the source is turned off), and can continue to resonate after the source is turned off.
This smacks of New Age mumbo-jumbo...

Likes symbolipoint
Physics is the wrong field for something of Psychology. Your topic is of how people feel what they feel and why. Not for Physics; but Psychology, Biology, maybe Biochemistry(?). Anthropology maybe?

Likes pinball1970

1. What is the main focus of "Exploring the Physics of Love: A Curious Man's Journey"?

The main focus of this book is to delve into the intersection of physics and love, exploring how the laws of science can help us understand and navigate the complexities of love and relationships.

2. How does physics play a role in understanding love?

Physics can provide insights into the chemical and physical processes that occur in our bodies when we experience love, such as the release of certain hormones and the reactions in our brains. It can also help us understand attraction, compatibility, and the dynamics of relationships.

3. What inspired the author to write this book?

The author, a physicist himself, was curious about the parallels between the laws of physics and the emotions and experiences of love. He wanted to explore this intersection and share his findings with others.

4. Is this book geared towards scientists or the general public?

This book is written for a general audience, with minimal technical jargon and explanations of scientific concepts for non-scientists. However, it can also be enjoyed by those with a background in physics.

5. What can readers expect to learn from "Exploring the Physics of Love: A Curious Man's Journey"?

Readers can expect to learn about the physical and chemical processes involved in love, as well as how physics can help us understand attraction, compatibility, and the dynamics of relationships. They will also gain a deeper appreciation for the connections between science and human emotions.