Physics of Thanos and company

• Thread starter cube137
  • Start date
In my novel plot. After the demonstration in live tv of telekinesis and teleportation of objects in the studio. Others with ability came forward and demonstrated levitation and temporary materialization of objects. So when the world scientists meet at the conference as important as the Solvay Conference. Quantum explanation is not enough. Ability to control the spacetime manifold must be added. So id like to know this. How must you control the manifold such that levitation becomes possible. Is it by controlling the geodesics? In quantum. There is endless debate whether the state vector represents the objects or real. Can we ask the same thing whether the spacetime manifold is real or not? Making sci fi accurate and correct in the basic physics would be extra points. For example the movie Intersellar has consultation with real physicists in the science of at least the basic or background. If you can control the spacetime manifold and bend it or weave wormhole at will, what abilities can occur in addition to just controlling quantum probability and stuff? Pls give examples (to the best of your imaginations) and mention existing sci fi materials that explored these things. Thank you.

Here's the summary of the full plot of my sci-fi book. I'd like to ask advice on the ending.

A long time ago, people with powers like X-men or some Avengers existed in the open. Then came the great war that destroyed humanity owing to one manifestation of the powers as controlling the vacuum and laws of nature producing something even more powerful than nuclear arsenals. This gave rise to legend of the flood in the Bible or the destruction of atlantis. The X-men/Avengers (or the like) existence gave rise to legend of demigods that ruled the earth before. Can you suggest a catchy name to represent people with powers besides X-men and Avengers?

After the great war (or Flood or destruction of Atlantis). All existences of such powers and knowledge were suppressed. Descendants of the X-men/Avengers (or representing those with powers) came heavily under control by different elements including intra and extra terrestrials. But not just nut and bolt extraterrestrials but those belonging to certain dark matter sector that needs puppets in this physical world. I got this idea when I read about the existence of many actual disciples and initiates wielding powers belonging to the so called Hierarchy of Adepts. These may be what the Bible warned about forces of darkness disguising as messengers of light. And I got idea they are from dark matter universe because of this passage in one of their books

"The central home of this Hierarchy is at Shamballa, a centre in the Gobi desert, called in the ancient books the "White Island." It exists in etheric matter, and when the race of men on earth have developed etheric vision its location will be recognised and its reality admitted. The development of this vision is rapidly coming to pass, as may be seen from the newspapers and the current literature of the day, but the location of Shamballa will be one of the latest etheric sacred spots to be revealed as it exists in the matter of the second ether. Several of the Masters in physical bodies dwell in the Himalaya mountains, in a secluded spot called Shigatse, far from the ways of men, but the greater number are scattered all over the world, dwelling in different places in the various nations, unrecognised and unknown, yet forming each in His own place a focal point for the energy of the Lord of the World, and proving to His environment a distributor of the love and wisdom of the Deity."

In the plot all X-men/Avengers bloodlines or descendants were under their control (forces of darkness disguising as angels of light). And to divide humanity or any attempt at unity against them, religions were created to cause endless conflicts and wars that lasted even to the present time and future.

The dark matter forces and the controlling organization wanted to keep the existence of the X-men, etc. as secret because the science of the powers must be suppressed. To aid in this. All demonstration of powers in public were avoided. This is easy because all with potentials for powers were under their control. They even influenced the James Randi foundation by monitoring all applicants to make sure their powers were suppressed during any attempt of the any challenge. This was so consistent that the $1 million challenge ended in 2015.

Then in 2019 or 2020. Someone has slipped through the controlling dark matter agency and demonstrated in live tv telekinesis and teleportation of objects in the studio without using any magic.

The next plot is where the world's top scientists convene to discuss the physics of it.

I can avoid the physics of course.

But the ending I'm not sure.

ending possibility 1. After mainstream scientists finally understood the physics of it and can engineer the vacuum to produce the same powers and even new technology and weapons more powerful that nuclear. US, Russia, China, North Korea etc. developed even more terrifying new weapons hundred of times more powerful than splitting the atoms.

One day, World War III breaks out and the world is destroyed, not only by wars between nations but also wars between earth and the dark matter overlords (separate possibilities).

ending possibilty 2. . After mainstream scientists finally understood the physics of it and can engineer the vacuum to produce the same powers and even new technology and weapons more powerful that nuclear. There is a golden age of science where humanity awareness and spirituality grows and humans even spread to the stars colonizing other planets.

But is the second ending possibility plausible in light of the existence of the controlling dark matter overlords? So it seems wars is inevitable as they have to be confronted first.

What do you suggest?

Can you mention any sci-book novels or movies that have ideas similar to the above? I'd like to explore how it ends.

Note the plot is like having Star Wars, X-men, Avengers and all other ideas combined in one story.

It's okay if I don't write it and other sci-fi writers can use the same plot. This is because I don't want to be caught in the crossfire when the poweful followers of the dark matter Adepts and even religious radicals come after me for disturbing them. So I can be as happy to be just reader of such story. So what existing sci-fi books or movies have the story like the above. Please mention some so I can read them over the weekends.

I need to devote a whole chapter on the physics of it all to make it more plausable. What makes a sci-fi a cult classic is because it can make believers or make fact and fiction indistinguisable. Getting back to that thing about the world conference when the scientists try to figure out the physics of it. Can I use real scientists in the book or must they be made up? For example I wanna write "Witten proclaimed: "We missed it this whole time, it's right under our noses. Two additional forces of nature that is related to dynamics between matter and consciousness". Or must I use Zitten instead of Witten? Can you mention a case when the physicists sued the sci-fi writers because they wrote about him?

I'll include the following in the chapter where the scientists discussed about the physics of prana or qi which are carrier of the conscious field. It's the most sophisticated word salad I have come across.

"Prana: geometrized energy-patterns coded into and informing the etheric-physical field, the astral-etheric field, the astral and mental fields etc. “Prana” is the generic Hindu term, used here in preference of others owing to its familiarity even in the West, corresponding roughly to what has otherwise been known as vril, orgone, wakkan, od or odic force, azoth, subtle energy and magnetic fluid; depending on the given plane, state or density in which the prana occurs, it may take on various forms and serve differing functions according to ideotypal, psychic, psycho-emotional or vital requirements. It is not the same as the ether but encodes infrastructure patterns of ether, which, according to “angle-of-propagation” and overall waveform of the latter tend to align, organize and preferentially orient the geometric sub-components of enfolded prana-states (thus exfolding them with reference to the guiding ideotype of the cognitive grid network imparting etheric “angle” in the first place).

Through the resultant guideline of perspectival coordinates they “migrate” to strategic ontological “positions” undergirding stress-tensor states of subatomic field patterns and magnetogravitic, phase-space topologies. Such pranic infrastructures are themselves without “size” or “physical” position (i.e. with respect to atomic coordinates to the limits of indeterminacy) though their ontological “angles” and “edges” orient relative size and respective position of point-fields by gauge adjustments according to compensatory symmetries required of the—given—perspective. The pranic patterns themselves are reiterative and holonomic. Therefore while they may “appear” to reside strictly “within” the coordinative limits of the overall field geometry (as with E8 x E8 gauge groups) either when evidentially reconstituted or occultly “perceived”, they are arbitrarily “expansive” to an indeterminate degree and range beyond those apparent micro-boundaries."

Can you share a better one or something like that?

Last edited:
Can I use real scientists in the book or must they be made up?
Are you doing any research before asking questions like this, @cube137? Because of course, you can, but are you prepared to be sued if the living person doesn't like the result? Irrespective, a quick search provides many examples of how to handle this and the risks involved. I'd say, unless you are an experienced author with a good, knowledgeable editor who can guide and guard against defamation, invasion of privacy, or right of publicity, then make your characters up.

I need to devote a whole chapter on the physics of it all to make it more plausable
You don't, not really. But it seems you want to, so stop asking and start writing.

Can you share a better one or something like that?
Not without stripping something out of PLOS, I can't. Think you've pretty much nailed the gobbledygook :cool:

Are you doing any research before asking questions like this, @cube137? Because of course, you can, but are you prepared to be sued if the living person doesn't like the result? Irrespective, a quick search provides many examples of how to handle this and the risks involved. I'd say, unless you are an experienced author with a good, knowledgeable editor who can guide and guard against defamation, invasion of privacy, or right of publicity, then make your characters up.

You don't, not really. But it seems you want to, so stop asking and start writing.

Not without stripping something out of PLOS, I can't. Think you've pretty much nailed the gobbledygook :cool:
I am still thinking of the ending.

After the world at large learnt of the existence of people with powers and physicists scrambling to find the physics of it. There is the complication the world was under control by dark matter based extraterrestrials elite who are controlling those with power. So the ending should be about Uprising, where the scientists and military industrial complex would engage the extraterrestrials.

It would also make it very clear why we don't have any public visitations by extaterrestrials who land in the white house. Because earth is already owned, and it's more of a prison planet where the belief system was so manipulated people actually got to fight war among themselves over their beliefs who amongsts their Gods have longer beard or has more virgins. So benevolent extraterrestrials don't want to further agitate the mental prison planet.

With regards to the uprising. I need more ideas as this can affect the entire book (even the beginning). So please suggest existing movies or sci-fi novels where the world and scientists will need to come up how to resist dark matter extraterrestrials who have control of every human on earth with powers like that of x-men. The problem is to engage the controllers, the scientists and miliary need to develope the powers themselves. And I don't have ideas yet how the plot should work so need to watch more movies or read first.

If I can't think how it will work. Then the ending would be the events suppressed and the main physicists rounded up with their warden telling them "We are now in the safest phase of physics when scientists were already accepting there was a huge particle dessert where we wouldn't discover anything for the next thousands of years or nothing forever because the planck scale couldn't be probed by any existing technology. And the mainstream didn't even believe consciousness had extension outside the brain. So let it remain that way and let ignorance be bliss. Do you know why mainstream physicists used to tremble whenever they hear the word psychic? Because of this racial memory of the great conflict prior where psychic war destroyed the world. So physicists had the right to tremble (a subconscious defence mechanism), because any full revelation of the phenomena can result in another uprising that can only destroy the world".

But the above would be boring. I want the uprising ending but still thinking the details so I need to read more sci-fi books or watch more movies first, any suggestions of such materials?

What's the point of your novel, @cube137? Because you are presenting a lot of themes, and some of the commentary seems beside the point of a plot synopsis. For example:

people actually got to fight war among themselves over their beliefs who amongsts their Gods have longer beard or has more virgins
Most religious wars are about resources and power, beards and virgins are incidental: beards signify you're part of the tribe, virgins are the reward. But control and domination, that's the key to the why of wars.

I am still thinking of the ending.
Good oh, but you can ask yourself some questions that can help:
  1. Is it standalone, in which case the ending needs to tie everything up
  2. Is it the start of a series, in which the case then ending needs to tie a lot up, but leave room for the next chapter(s)
  3. Do you want the reader to determine the outcome, like Inception? That's really hard, by the way, and unless done really well will be unsatisfying for readers.
To be fair, it's usually easier to have the ending in mind and write the events up to it, doing it the other way can be way harder because it requires rigorous control of your characters behavior to ensure they don't jump the shark.

What's the point of your novel, @cube137? Because you are presenting a lot of themes, and some of the commentary seems beside the point of a plot synopsis. For example:

Most religious wars are about resources and power, beards and virgins are incidental: beards signify you're part of the tribe, virgins are the reward. But control and domination, that's the key to the why of wars.

Good oh, but you can ask yourself some questions that can help:
  1. Is it standalone, in which case the ending needs to tie everything up
  2. Is it the start of a series, in which the case then ending needs to tie a lot up, but leave room for the next chapter(s)
  3. Do you want the reader to determine the outcome, like Inception? That's really hard, by the way, and unless done really well will be unsatisfying for readers.
To be fair, it's usually easier to have the ending in mind and write the events up to it, doing it the other way can be way harder because it requires rigorous control of your characters behavior to ensure they don't jump the shark.
On second thought. I won't be writing any books anymore. Those ideas or plots were NOT mine in the first place. I just heard or read about them from conspiracy theories in the internet who suggested they were true story.

Since this is Science Fiction and Fantasy Forum. Let's talk about fantasy instead.

Let's go back to Marvel Endgame.

It's been almost a month since it started showing so I guess by now most have seen it already? If not. Stop and don't read the following because it contains spoilers.

W A R N I N G S P O I L E R S

On the day I was supposed to watch it. I read the news headline at google with the words "Avengers Endgame time travel". Boy, was I pissed. The spoiler was in the headline already. Has anyone experienced this too? Wouldn't you get pissed by just seeing the word "time travel" in the news? It was my first experienced where I was affected by spoilers.

I felt bad during the start of the movie thinking I predicted the ending already. But it was good the movie had unexpected plot. I thought the Avengers would just go back in time and challenged Thanos in the past using Doctor Strange stone. But it was the other way around and I only learnt in the end Doctor Strange was one of those who had vanished in the rupture. I thought he was ones of whose left behind (in the movie Left Behind, those left behind were the unlucky ones, lol). Has anyone guessed the movie plots?

Going to the physics of the movie. I know in the quantum realm unitary means it is time reversible. But we can't use it to go to the past because of the collapsed branches. But if QM would be modified such that you can sit outside the branches and back into superposition, it can be used to go to the past? How? I know thermodynamics and decoherence produce an arrow of time. So what must it take to get back to the unitary superhighway? By tracking the environment to reverse decoherence? At least in theory and opportunity to understand this more via the movie ideas.

Also I'm interested in the space stone. This is used to open portals right? It would take the energy of an entire galaxy just to bend spacetime and build wormhole between new york and tokyo. But if the space stone can directly reprogram spacetime such that it can create wormhole without using the energy of matter to bend spacetime. It's possible to create the portal right? Thanos used it to travel by creating portals. I got interested to write the sci-book because of thanos blues. But decided not to do it anymore as the ideas I shared in previous messages you can just find them in the internet. It was just feeling Thanos blues and nostalgia which made me think for an instant I wanted to write some story too.

On second thought. I won't be writing any books anymore. Those ideas or plots were NOT mine in the first place. I just heard about them from conspiracy theories who suggest they were true story.
Probably for the best, writing a novel is hard work and if you don't have a clear idea of what you want to say right from the start, it's unlikely to deliver a good outcome.

As for End Game, I've not seen it yet, thanks for the spoiler alert, meant I stopped reading from there 👍

Probably for the best, writing a novel is hard work and if you don't have a clear idea of what you want to say right from the start, it's unlikely to deliver a good outcome.

As for End Game, I've not seen it yet, thanks for the spoiler alert, meant I stopped reading from there 👍
What? There are still people who havent seen it? Havent you watched Avengers Infinity Wars before. Arent you curious what happens after it?

I'll probs see it eventually, but John Wick 3 is higher in my queue. I'm not invested in the Marvel Universe, seems a bit random to me, though I did enjoy Logan, that's a terrific movie.

I'll probs see it eventually, but John Wick 3 is higher in my queue. I'm not invested in the Marvel Universe, seems a bit random to me, though I did enjoy Logan, that's a terrific movie.
Science fiction is fun to write when you know it's purely science fiction.

But when it's true story that you try to write as science fiction. You can be in trouble as you can become target of retribution.

Every planet in this galaxy has different histories or situations. Ours is not very good. And it's not good idea to focus on it unless you want to be martyr.

So it's safer to delve into fantasy only.

Speaking of which. I heard rumor that in the Marvel Endgame. The infinity stones after getting destroyed would be the source of the powers of the X-men. These are supposed to be introduced in the Endgame, but it didn't happen.

In the comics. Are there any stories where the infinity stones can activate people powers such as creating a permanent X-men (who can manifest abilities even without the stones presence)?

Science fiction is fun to write when you know it's purely science fiction.

But when it's true story that you try to write as science fiction. You can be in trouble as you can become target of retribution.
Well, it is called science fiction, so it's clearly in the name as not being true! Which makes your observation illogical, for me at least.

As for speculation on End Game, out of deference for those who haven't seen it because it's still in cinemas, I'll pass on any discussion so nothing is given away.

Well, it is called science fiction, so it's clearly in the name as not being true! Which makes your observation illogical, for me at least.

As for speculation on End Game, out of deference for those who haven't seen it because it's still in cinemas, I'll pass on any discussion so nothing is given away.
Let's not talk about Avengers: EndGame then.

But the infinity stones were in most of the 22 marvel movies. So let's just about the infinity stones in *general*.

Who read Marvel comics? Were any of the stones used to transfer or activate powers in the neophytes?

On earth. We have this unique situation. The counterpart of the infinity stones are the so called Rods of Initiation. These are objects of powers much like the infinity stones. The following described how they were used in the neophytes (from the Initiation book):

"In the case of the first two initiations, two Masters stand, one on each side of the applicant, within the triangle; at the third, fourth and fifth initiations, the Mahachohan and the Bodhisattva perform the function of sponsor; at the sixth and seventh initiations two great Beings, Who must remain nameless, stand within the esoteric triangle. The work of the sponsors is to pass through Their bodies the force or electrical energy emanating from the Rod of Initiation. This force, through radiation, circles around the triangle and is supplemented by the force of the three guardians; it next passes through the centres of the sponsors, being transmitted by an act of will to the initiate.

Enough has been said elsewhere in this book anent the Lodge of Masters and Their relation to the applicant for Initiation, whilst the work of the initiate himself has been likewise touched upon. That work is not unknown to the children of men everywhere, but remains as yet an ideal and a far-off possibility. Yet when a man strives to reach that ideal, to make it a demonstrating fact within himself, he will find that it becomes not only a possibility, but something attainable, provided he strives sufficiently. The first initiation is within the reach of many, but the necessary one-pointedness and the firm belief in the reality ahead, coupled to a willingness to sacrifice all rather than turn back, are deterrents to the many. If this book serves no other purpose than to spur some one to renewed believing effort, it will not have been written in vain."

This was written in the 1940s even before Marvel started. So the ideas of infinity stones could come from this.

I know people who have the rod of initiatons applied to them. The big question is. Is it natural to use artificial object or object of power to bestow upon the neophyte or is it just to trap or enslave them? This is very important question and my only question before we discuss Avenger Endgame after the movie is no longer shown (to avoid spoilers!).

Last edited:
There are thousands and thousands of marvel comics available online via cheap subscription. I can't track all of them. Can someone familiar with the Infinity Stones share how exactly they came to be or where they were initially located and acquired?

The ideas of the Infinity Stones were probably taken from "occult" literature which are called Rods of Power. So it would be reasonable to trace the myth and cult behind the story of the Infinity stones and the metaphor behind the Avengers. This would make us at least track if there is even a more ancient source where both (Marvel and the occult sci-fi stuff) got the same idea.

In the occult sources. There many many Rods of Power like there are many Infinity Stones. A very powerful Rod of Power were brought into earth from Sirius. If Sirius can't support physical life. Then it's clear we could be dealing with dark matter extraterrestrials (at least sci-fi ly speaking). Just like the Infinity Stones distributed across the galaxy. The Rod of Power is also distributed across the universe (see below). And just like the marvel story. The occult sources mentioned how only selected beings can handle them or it can bring destruction to the unqualified. But the Rods of Power is even more or equally powerfual than the Infinity stones. They can use lay waste to entire continents.

The following is passage from this occult literature written in the 1940s that inspired the marvel infinity stones (we must know this at least to understand the myth, origin, source, metaphor etc.) of the Marvel universe. Remember Marvel comic stories are already some kind of literature in our modern age. I won't quote something like this again. This is for perspective and to show the words Rod of Power is actually used (the counterpart of the Infinity stones):

"The Rod of Initiation, wielded by the Logos of the solar system, is called among other things, the "Sevenfold Flaming Fire." It was confided to our Logos by the Lord of Sirius and sent to our system from that radiant sun. One of its purposes is for use in emergencies. This great talisman has never yet been employed in this particular manner, though twice it was nearly thus used,—once in Atlantean days, and once in the third year of the late war. This Rod of Power is used at the initiation of the seven Heavenly Men on cosmic levels. It is used also in the initiation of groups, a thing almost incomprehensible to us. It is applied to the centres of the seven Heavenly Men in the same general way as the lesser Rods are applied to the human centres, and the effects are the same, only on a vaster scale. This, needless to say, is a vast and abstruse subject, and concerns not the sons of men. It is but touched upon, as an enumeration of the Rods of Initiation would be incomplete without some reference to it, and it serves to show the wondrous synthesis of the whole, and the place of the system within an even greater scheme. In all things cosmic, perfect law and order are found, and the ramifications of the plan can be seen on all planes and all subplanes. This greatest Rod is in the care of the first great group of sirian Lords. It might be described as the Rod which carries a voltage of pure fohatic force from cosmic levels. The two lesser Rods carry differentiated fohatic force. This logoic Rod of Power is kept within the Sun, and is only re-charged at the beginning of every one hundred years of Brahma.

The reason why the Rods of Power are here discussed is that they have definitely to do with the centres which are force vortices in matter and which (though channels for spiritual force, or centres wherein the 'will to be' finds expression) demonstrate as activity in matter. They are the centres of existence, and just as one cannot, in manifestation, dissociate the two poles of Spirit and matter, so one cannot, in initiation apply the Rod without bringing about definite effects between the two. The Rods are charged with Fohat which is fire of matter plus electric fire, hence their effect. The mystery cannot be explained in greater detail as the secrets of initiation are not transmissible. More has been here imparted on this matter than hitherto, though there are those who have heard these things."

What do you think is more powerful? The occult Rods of Power or the marvel Infinity stones? We dont know what would happen if all Rods of Power were combined.

What would happen if the infinity stones would be put inside the sun? Can they survive?

What if the infinity stones or Rods of Power were made instead of dark matter? Can they feel the heat of the sun?

No isn't it? So any dark matter object can be put within the sun?

Look at this quanta headline https://www.quantamagazine.org/gamma-ray-data-reveal-surprises-about-the-sun-20190501/

"The sun radiates far more high-frequency light than expected, raising questions about unknown features of the sun’s magnetic field and the possibility of even more exotic physics."

"A decade’s worth of telescope observations of the sun have revealed a startling mystery: Gamma rays, the highest frequency waves of light, radiate from our nearest star seven times more abundantly than expected. Stranger still, despite this extreme excess of gamma rays overall, a narrow bandwidth of frequencies is curiously absent."

"But there are no good guesses about how the sun’s magnetic field might create the dip in the gamma-ray spectrum at 10 trillion trillion hertz. It’s such an unusual feature that some experts doubt that it’s real. But if the absence of gamma rays around that frequency is a miscalculation or a problem with Fermi’s instruments, no one has figured out the cause. “It does not seem to be any instrumental effect,” said Elena Orlando, an astrophysicist at Stanford and a member of the Fermi team."

"Perhaps the strong glow of gamma rays reflects a source other than doomed cosmic rays. But physicists have struggled to imagine what. They’ve long suspected that the sun’s core might harbor dark matter — and that the dark matter particles, after being drawn in and trapped by gravity, might be dense enough there to annihilate each other. But how could gamma rays produced by annihilating dark matter in the core avoid scattering before escaping the sun?"

Sci-fi folks. What if the infinity stones or Rods of Power inside the sun can reflect the gamma rays? These Talisman may be small but when inside the sun, they are much amplifed.

Remember the scene in Thor part 1 when Natalie Portman and the nude scientist were studying anomalies in the atmosphere caused by the Asgard tech? I can imagine a similar scene when scientists wheere tracking anomaly in the sun caused by the infinity stones or Rods of Power.

Do you like to watch future movies where the above would be part of the scene or story? I'd love to. Don't you? I'd re watch Thor 1 tonight to savor the scenes along the line or ideas of the above.