1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Olympiad Text

1. Oct 1, 2008 #1
    Hey everyone,

I would like to know if there are any physics texts out there which prepare people for olympiads? I googled but i didn't find much. I won't say excellent, but i'm a good physics student with an A average in class and i'm studying way ahead of my class. I am learning calculus and waiting to take the AP BC next year. I am also planning to study calculus 3. So the math part shouldnt be a problem. But i can't find a text?!

Thanks for your help
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 1, 2008 #2
    Really any university physics text book would do to learn more advanced physics for the olympiads. I would personally recommend Fundamentals of Physics by David Halliday, Robert Resnick, and Jearl Walker; this book is excellent!

Now, that book was more for learning theory, the other best book you can get for the olympiads is Irodov's Problems in General Physics. This book has magnificent questions and i can assure you if you persevere in answering every question that you would be able to conquer the physics olympiads.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?