1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Olympiad

1. Nov 10, 2005 #1
    Hi,
    I did the Olympiad this week and I found it very hard. Does anyone know what the percentages needed for the awards are.
    Also can anyone remember any of the parts of Question 1 as I found it very hard and i wanted to ask my neighbour who is a physics lecturer about it

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 10, 2005 #2
    By the way this is the "British Physics Olympiad" paper I am talking about

4. Nov 10, 2005 #3

rho

Was this paper one or two?

5. Nov 10, 2005 #4
    The Physics Olympiad paper that I did was Paper 2

6. Nov 10, 2005 #5

rho

Well it's hard to tell what the grade boundaries will be because they move depending on how difficult candidates found the exam. I didn't do the physics one last year only maths but i think a good guess would be, bronze about >40%, silver >55%, gold>70%, considering how hard these things are supposed to be.

7. Feb 13, 2006 #6

dfx

Out of curiosity, is the BPhO OVER for 2005-06? My teacher claims I'm going to sit it this week and I thought it had finished ages ago. :S

8. Feb 16, 2006 #7

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Props to you for competing! Do you have a web pointer to the questions?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook